- Andruw Jones can still hit homeruns and carry the team offensively at times.
- Adam LaRoche strikes out way too much to be an everyday first baseman.
- Jorge Sosa's 2005 season was a fluke.
- Kyle Davies is the real deal.
- Chuck James is the real deal.
- Jeff Francoeur has never seen a pitch he didn't want to swing at.
- John Smoltz is still our best pitcher, by far.
- Andruw Jones should not be leading the team in stolen bases.
- We are all glad we didn't trade John Thompson.
- Oscar Villarreal is very lucky.
- We have an endless supply of rookies, and the willingness to use them.
- Brian McCann is our most underrated player.
- Matt Diaz is not as good as his spring training led us to believe.
- Chipper Jones may never have another injury-free season.
- This team needs Edgar Renteria to be healthy and in the lineup every day.
- We will see Martin Prado in Atlanta again, and he will be around for a long time.
- Tony Pena, Jr. is the second coming of Rafael Belliard.
- Chris Reitsma is a nail-biter of a closer.
- Jeff Francoeur needs to learn to hit on the road.
- If the first month is any indication, it's going to be a very long season. . . . . . . . .
20 Things We Learned From the First Month of the Season