Here's a look at the major stories in the world of the Atlanta Braves for the week ending on October 25th:
- There were some suggestions by beat writers David O'Brien and Mark Bowman about the off-season direction the Braves will take.
- Talking Chop first reported that Jason Heyward was sidelined with a leg injury, which was later reported by the Braves.com site.
- The Braves "got the ball rolling" on contract extension talks with Tim Hudson.
- The Braves hired another former member of the Orioles front office.
- The AJC reported that Martin Prado is likely going to be the Braves 2010 opening day second baseman.
- The Atlanta Braves Fan Confidence Poll showed that Braves fans are already feeling better about the off-season.
- We reviewed the 2009 season of third baseman Chipper Jones.
- The 2009 seasons of Omar Infante, Kelly Johnson, and Garret Anderson were also reviewed.
- Matt reviewed the top-5 Braves third base prospects and the top-5 left field prospects.
- Matt Diaz chatted with fans on ESPN, we wrapped up the most interesting Qs & As.
- The bloggers of Talking Chop conducted a round table on the third basemen in the Braves organization.
- We continue to recap the Braves prospects' performances in the games of the baseball fall and winter leagues, here and here.
GoBravesNY told us about prospect Jeff Lyman's Arizona Fall League blog, and cbwilk told us about L.V. Ware's blog.
- justincredubil02 informed everyone how to get free Braves merchandise.
- Dale Murphy for HOF gave us his top-5 best and top-5 worst Braves trades.
- GoBravesNY asked everyone what their screen names meant, mine (gondeee) is a play on my last name, Gandy.
- PWHjort expanded upon a link from the USS Mariner about roster construction theory.