Gwinnett 4, Norfolk 0
- M. Young 2-5 2B, K, .264 Avg
- F. Freeman 0-1 2 RBI, BB, .249 Avg
- B. Canizares 2-4 .288 Avg
- C. Resop 9IP 1H 0R 0BB 8K 1.84 ERA
Chris Resop is making a good case for the Braves not to get rid of him or to at least get something good when/if they do. His game tonight is probably the best all around game from any Braves pitcher this season just based on the fact that he went the distance and faced the minimum amount of hitters (the one hit ended in a fly out double play in the 2nd). Freddie Freeman performed the odd task of getting two sac flies and a walk. If he could have just gotten HBP it would have been a complete freak game.
Charlotte 4, Mississippi 4 - 11 Innings
- D. Linares 2-5 K, .265 Avg
- S. Diamond 6IP 6H 2R 4BB 9K 4.33 ERA
Sorry, I have to go to bed and this game just won't stop. I'll fix this in the morning. There must be something in the water in Mississippi that changes soft tossing lefties into strike out pitchers because with minor and Diamond both posting better than expected K totals something is happening down there.
Myrtle Beach 2, Kinston 4
- My. Jones 2-4 K, SB(1), .500 Avg
- T. Jones 2-4 HR(1), 2 RBI, 2K, .258 Avg
- J. Teheran 6IP 9H 3R 1BB 5K 1.69 ERA
Julio Teheran is finally touched up by someone in the minors with his worst start for the Pelicans, which was still a quality start. He was a groundout machine today with 9 of them vs 2 flyouts. Just one of his hits allowed went for extra bases but he was still a little more hittable than usual. Mycal Jones picked up where he left off in Rome with a couple of hits. I can't wait to see what he does as he moves up.
Greenville 0, Rome 5
- K. Rose 2-5 2B, CS(18), .267 Avg
- C. Harrilchak 2-4 CS(9), .303 Avg
- J. Kreke 4-4 2B, RBI, .251 avg
- J. Hanson 3-3 2B, 3 RBI, BB, .280 Avg
- C. Brewer 5IP 1H 0R 3BB 2K 0.00 ERA
- D. Hale 4IP 3H 0R 0BB 6K 5.98 ERA
There were several very good performances in this game. Caleb Brewer makes his full season debut in professional baseball after being drafted in 2007 and missing a couple seasons to injury. He has a great arm and a lot of people are expecting some big things from him. Jake Hanson busted out of the slump he was in along with Jordan Kreke who will need to start hitting with more power as the organization is about to be flooded with third basemen. David Hale continues to thrive in a relieving role.
DSL Rangers 8, DSL Braves 7
- H. Garcia 0-2 2 BB, K, SB(3), .300 Avg
- E. Salcedo 1-4 HR(1), 4 RBI, BB, 2K, .267 Avg
- A. Alcantara 3-4 2 2B, 3B, 2 RBI, .400 Avg
Edward Salcedo busted out the boom stick with a 4 run homer in the 5th inning of this game. Of his 8 hits this season 4 of them have gone for extra bases. He is getting on base at a near .500 clip so far which is fairly impressive. This Alcantara guy has been hitting pretty well so far with 6 XBH himself.