Gwinnett 11, Durham 4
- M. Young 3-5 RBI, BB, K, .268 Avg
- W. Timmons 3-6 2B, 2 RBI, K. .280 Avg
- F. Freeman 3-6 2B, RBI, K, .257 Avg
- B. Canizares 4-6 3 2B, 5 RBI, K, .299 Avg
- J. Schafer 0-3 2 BB, 2K, SB(5), .207 Avg
When the top four guys in your lineup get on base 15 times in one game you definitely better win. Gwinnett banged out 18 hits in the game with 6 doubles. Freddie Freeman snapped out of his mini slump and got just his second extra base hit of the month. Barbaro Canizares has also had a rough month and hopefully this game will help jumpstart several guys who have been having some issues.
Chattanooga 8, Mississippi 8 - 10 Innings
- D. Linares 2-6 K, .265 Avg
- W. Cabrera 2-5 2B, 4 RBI, BB, .322 Avg
- M. Gomez 3-5 2 2B, 2 RBI, 2K, .249 Avg
Another long game for Mississippi that I don't have the energy to stay awake for. Sorry. On a lighter note Willi Cabrera came back to lineup after being out for 9 days and picked up right where he left off: Raking. The Braves could have won the game in the 10th inning with bases loaded when Antoan Richardson was thrown out at the plate on a wild pitch.
Myrtle Beach 4, Kinston 5 - 13 Innings
- My. Jones 4-6 2 2B, SB(2), .467 Avg
- T. Jones 2-5 2 2B, RBI, BB, 2K, .271 Avg
- J. Sucre 3-6 2B, HR(5), 2 RBI, .223 Avg
- A. Vizcaino 4IP 8H 4R 1BB 3K
Arodys Vizcaino's first start for the Pelicans wasn't quite as successful as Julio Teheran's but it is nothing to be concerned about. He took a few games to adjust to the Sally and I wouldn't be surprised if he took a couple to get adjusted in Carolina. Mycal Jones has taken to the Carolina league quite well with 7 hits in 3 games. The guy has been unreal for the last month and a half and he is starting to show some power in that small frame of his. If he can get his defense under control (20+ errors already this year) he is going to be our best position prospect not named Freeman.
Greenville 8, Rome 3
- C. Harrilchak 1-5 2K, 2 SB(15), .295 Avg
- R. Lopez 6IP 4H 2R 0BB 4K 3.25 ERA
I am really starting to like these fireballing young pitchers with excellent control. Robinson Lopez bounced back nicely after 3 straight poor outings. The only thing I worry about right now with Lopez is his fielding as he has 6 erros on the year already, which is just crazy for a pitcher. Jordan Kreke has been hitting the ball well as of late with a .324 Avg for the month of June but with no power.
DSL Tigers @ DSL Braves
This game was played at 6:30 instead of 10:30 like all the other games so the score is not up yet at the time of this writing.