- Tyler Pastornicky, 2B: 2-4, 2 RBI, BB, .257
- Josh Wilson, SS: 2-3, 2 2B, R, .248
- Jose Constanza, LF: 2-5, R, RBI, .289
- Julio Teheran, SP: 3.2 IP, 10 H, 9 R, 0 BB, 4 K, 4.50 ERA
Julio Teheran got taken behind the woodshed tonight by the SWB Yankees. Teheran lasted 3.2 innings, allowing 9 runs on 10 hits. Teheran definitely got unlucky, as he only allowed 10 runners on base, so his strand rate was only 10%. For a silver lining, at least Teheran struck out 4 and didn't walk a man. Tyler Pastornicky played second for the second night in a row, and went 2-4 with 2 RBIs and a walk. Pastornicky's double play partner had a great day too, as Josh Wilson went 2-3 with a pair of doubles and a run scored. Jose Constanza was the other G-Brave to notch a multi-hit game, going 2-5 with a run and an RBI.
Jose Lugo takes the mound against the SWB Yankees tomorrow.
Chattanooga Lookouts 1, Mississippi Braves 0
- Joe Leonard, 3B: 3-4, 2B, 3B, .270
- Jason Christian, SS: 1-3, .280
- Zeke Spruill, SP: 6.2 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 4 BB, 9 K, 3.72 ERA, 1-2 batting
Zeke Spruill started for Mississippi and threw a great game, going 6.2 innings and only allowing 1 run on 4 hits. Spruill walked 4 and struck out a whopping 9. Spruill, who has only struck out 54 in 90 innings this year, has struck out 20 in his last 20 innings. Mississippi only put up 5 hits on the offensive side, with Joe Leonard accounting for 60% of them. Leonard ended up being a homer short of the cycle. Josh Christian and Spruill had the other two hits for the M-Braves.
David Hale looks for his 3rd straight solid start in a row tomorrow against the Lookouts.
Lynchburg Hillcats 5, Wilmington Blue Rocks 6
- Myke Jones, CF: 4-5, 2B, R, RBI, SB(10), .279
- Matt Weaver, 2B: 2-3, HR(8), 2 R, BB, .252
- Edward Salcedo, 3B: 1-4, HR(8), .260
- Aaron Northcraft, SP: 6 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 7 K, 3.35 ERA
Aaron Northcraft had a solid start for the Hillcats, allowing 2 runs on 8 hits in 6 innings. He walked 1 and struck out 7. Lynchburg actually managed a pair of homers but came up just short, losing 6-5. Edward Salcedo went 1-4 with a solo homer, his 8th of the year, while Matt Weaver went 2-3 with his 8th homer of the year. No one had a better day than Myke Jones however, as the Hillcats' leadoff man went 4-5 with a double, run, RBI, and his 10th steal of the year.
Dimasther Delgado toes the rubber tomorrow for Lynchburg against the Blue Rocks.
Greenville Drive 2, Rome Braves 4
- Tony Mueller, CF: 1-3, 2B, R, RBI, BB, SB(17), .270
- Will Skinner, LF: 1-3, R, BB, SB(6), .263
- Ryan Weber, SP: 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R (0 ER), 1 BB, 6 K, 4.97 ERA
- John Cornely, RP: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K, 4.11 ERA
Ryan Weber was dealing tonight, picking up his 4th win of the year for Rome. Weber went 6 strong, striking out 6 while only allowing 5 total baserunners. Rome scored 4 runs on only 5 hits, thanks in part to the speed of Tony Mueller and Will Skinner. Mueller reached base twice with a RBI double and a walk. He also added a run and his 17th steal of the year to extend his team lead. Skinner stole his 6th base of the year and was also on base twice with a single and a walk.
Rome opens a series with Kannapolis tomorrow, probables TBA
Danville Braves 2, Greenville Astros 5
- Felix Marte, RF: 3-4, SB(2), .480
- Blake Brown, CF: 1-4, HR(2), .206
- Carlos Franco, 3B: 1-3, 2B, R, BB, .308
- Ernesto Silva, SP: 6 IP, 5 H, 4 R (3 ER), 0 BB, 1 K, 2.25 ERA
Ernesto Silva had an interesting start for Danville, though he wasn't really bad, per se. Silva allowed 4 runs (but only 3 earned) on 5 hits across 6 innings. He didn't walk a man, but he also only struck out one as well. Danville couldn't get much going with the bats, scoring only 2 runs, one of which came on Blake Brown's 2nd homer of the year. On the year, Brown has 18 strikeouts, 3 walks, and 2 homers in 34 at bats - talk about 3 true outcomes! Felix Marte continued his insane tear since his demotion, going 3-4 with his 2nd D-Braves steal. Marte has 12 hits in 25 at bats with Danville so far.
Danville takes on Greenville tomorrow, probables TBA
GCL Braves 4, GCL Tigers 1
- Mike Dodig, 3B: 2-4, BB, R, SB(1), .211
- Conner Lein, RF: 2-2, 2 BB, R, 2 SB(1,2), .250
- Andry Ubiera, SP: 4 IP, 5 H, 1 R (0 ER), 1 BB, 6 K, 1.80 ERA
- Richie Tate, RP: 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB 2 K, 0.00 ERA
The GCL Braves won today despite a whopping 5 errors from their defense. Most of the credit can be attributed to Andry Ubiera, who did a great job of pitching around the errors. Ubiera threw 4 innings, allowing only 1 unearned run on 5 hits and 1 walk. He struck out 6, which no doubt helped him getting out of trouble. Conner Lien had a great game at the plate, reaching base all 4 times he came to the plate and swiping a pair of bases. Mike Dodig was on base 3 times and also recorded his first steal of the year as well.
The GCL Braves take on the GCL Yankees tomorrow, probables TBA.