Louisville Bats 7, Gwinnett Braves 11
- Luis Durango, CF: 4-4, 2 R, RBI, 2 BB, .292
- Stefan Gartrell, LF: 2-6, HR(19), 3 R, 2 RBI, .265
- Terry Tiffee, 3B: 4-6, 2B, 2 R, 2 RBI, .317
- Jose Yepez, C: 2-4, 3B, R, 3 RBI, .254
- Randall Delgado, SP: 5 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 3 BB, 3 K, 4.94
Randall Delgado had a rough night against the Bats, but the Gwinnett offense went off to back him. Delgado allowed 4 runs on 8 hits in 5 innings pitched. He struck out 3 and walked 3 while throwing 62 of his 97 pitches for strikes. The offense backed him, behind a perfect day from Luis Durango who reached base all 6 times he came to the plate, with 4 singles and 2 walks. Terry Tiffee had a 4 hit day as well, collecting a pair of RBI and runs. Stefan Gartrell hit his 19th home run of the year, while catcher Jose Yepez had a 3 RBI triple.
Julio Teheran goes tonight for Gwinnett
Mississippi Braves - Off
Myrtle Beach Pelicans 5, Lynchburg Hillcats 6 - 11 Innings
- Adam Milligan, DH: 3-5, 3B, R, RBI, .243
- Myke Jones, CF: 1-5, BB, SB(16), .261
- Nick Ahmed, SS: 2-5, R, RBI, .267
- Dimasther Delgado, SP: 5 IP, 10 H, 4 R, 0 BB, 4 K, 4.35 ERA
Lynchburg took a wild one from the Pelicans last night, winning in walk off fashion in the 11th. After Matt Weaver doubled with one out, Myke Jones singled to put runners at the corners. In a play that would make Fredi Gonzalez smile, Nick Ahmed delivered the good with a walk-off squeeze bunt. It was Ahmed's 2nd hit of the day. Other than the 11th inning stars, Adam Milligan had the best game at the plate, going 3-5 with an RBI triple and a run scored. Dimasther Delgado started and was alarmingly hittable, allowing 10 in just 5 innings of work. Fortunately the Lynchburg offense bailed him out.
Gus Schlosser goes today for Lynchburg, looking to improve upon his nice 2.99 ERA.
Rome Braves 3, Greenville Drive 2
- Kyle Kubitza, 3B: 2-4, 3B, 2 RBI, .238
- Ross Heffley, DH: 1-3, HR(3), 2 R, BB, .286
- Greg Ross, SP: 7.1 IP, 5 H, 2 R(1 ER), 1 BB, 8 K, 4.66 ERA
- Ian Thomas, RP: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 3.16 ERA
Greg Ross threw a masterful game against the Drive, allowing only 1 earned run on 5 hits across 7.1 innings pitched. Ross whiffed 8 men and walked only 1, while posting a 7/3 groundout/flyout ratio as well. He ran in to a bit of trouble in the 8th, but Ian Thomas cleaned up nicely with a pair of strikeouts. Kyle Kubitza and Ross Heffley provided all the offense, as Kubitza's 2-run triple and Heffley's solo homer drove in all 3 Rome runs.
Alex Wood hopes to continue his good work with Rome tonight.
Danville Braves 7, Pulaski Mariners 8
- Josh Elander, C: 2-3, 2 HR(2,3), 3 RBI, .258
- Blake Brown, CF: 2-4, 2B, R, .214
- Ronald Luna, SS: 2-4, SB(4), R, BB, .327
- Ernesto Silva, SP: 5 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 2 BB, 1 K, 3.81 ERA
Ernesto Silva had an off start for Danville, getting roughed up by Pulaski for 5 runs on 7 hits in 5 innings. It ruined what was otherwise a great offensive game for Danville. Josh Elander had the best game of his professional career, clubbing out a pair of home runs as part of a 3 RBI day. Blake Brown continued his recent improvement with a 2-hit day, and the toolsy Danville outfielder has now collected 5 hits and a walk over his last 3 games. Ronald Luna was the only other D-Brave to collect more than one hit, going 2-4 with a run, a walk, and his 4th steal of the year.
Danville plays Pulaski again tonight, probables TBA
GCL Tigers 4, GCL Braves 2 - 11 Innings
- Joey Meneses, LF: 2-5, R, SB(2), .301
- Justin Black, DH: 2-4, RBI, SB(2), .191
- Luis Madrid, 2B: 1-4, 2B, R, .234
- Jade Dillon, SP: 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K, 4.02 ERA
The GCL Braves fell to the GCL Tigers in 11 innings, mustering only 7 hits. Joey Meneses led the way with 2 hits, a run, and a stolen base. The 19 year old outfielder from the DSL, Meneses has been on fire recently, posting a line of .394/.462/.515 over his last 10 games. Justin Black chipped in with a pair of hits, a steal, and an RBI as well. Hopefully Black is beginning to come out of a horrific slump that's seen him hit just .191 on the year so far. Jade Dillon started for the GCL Braves and was awesome, allowing only 3 baserunners in 5 innings while striking out 4.
The GCL Braves take on the Tigers again this evening.