Gwinnett Braves 2, Norfolk Tides 5
- Ernesto Mejia, DH: 3-5, R, .307
- Terry Tiffee, 3B: 2-5, RBI, .322
- Felix Pie, RF: 2-4, BB, .292
- Jair Jurrjens, SP: 2 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 2 K, 5.10 ERA
- Peter Moylan, RP: 1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 7.94 ERA
Jair Jurrjens had an unfortunate outing last night as the G-Braves fell against the Tides. Jurrjens threw 2 innings, and wasn't pitching particularly well, having given up 3 runs on 2 hits and a walk. When he came out for the third, he had to call for the trainer and immediately came off. The G-Braves' twitter feed reported that he had re-injured himself, though it wasn't specified as to how. Stay tuned to Talking Chop for the latest reports on JJ's status. Peter Moylan had a bumpy rehab appearance, allowing 3 hits. He would have allowed a run as well, but Luis Durango bailed him out by gunning down a runner at home plate. For the offense Ernesto Mejia notched a 3 hit game, while Terry Tiffee and Felix Pie collected a pair of singles each.
Sean Gilmartin takes on the Tides this evening.
Mississippi Braves 2, Jackson Generals 1
- Joe Leonard, 3B: 2-4, RBI, .264
- Phil Gosselin, 2B: 2-4, 2B, RBI, .248
- Evan Gattis, LF: 1-4, R, .250
- Joey Terdoslavich, 1B: 1-4, R, .309
- David Hale, SP: 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K, 4.08 ERA
The good David Hale showed up last night for Mississippi, throwing 5 innings of 2 hit ball with 4 whiffs. Hale came out after 5, having thrown only 57 pitches. As M-Braves play-by-play man Kyle Tate reports, Hale is on an innings limit the rest of the year, having already surpassed his career high in innings pitched. That explains the low pitch count. Joe Leonard and Phil Gosselin provided the offense for Mississippi, as they each drove in one of the M-Braves' two runs. Both went 2-4, with Gosselin registering a double as well. Evan Gattis and Joey Terdoslavich scored Mississippi's runs, and both were 1-4 on the evening.
J.R. Graham takes the ball for the M-Braves tonight.
Myrtle Beach Pelicans 1, Lynchburg Hillcats 2
- Dan Brewer, LF: 2-3, 2 RBI, BB, SB(7), .322
- Chris Garcia, 1B: 2-3, BB, .304
- Myke Jones, CF: 1-4, R, .261
- Ryan Weber, SP: 6 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 4 K, 3.10 ERA
Ryan Weber led the Hillcats to a close 2-1 victory over the Pelicans last night. Weber threw 6 strong innings, allowing a run on 6 hits. He struck out 4 and only walked one. Dan Brewer provided all the offense for Lynchburg, going 2-3 with both Hillcat RBIs. He also drew a walk and stole his 7th base of the year as part of a very nice day. Chris Garcia also notched a multi-hit game, going 2-3 and walking once.
Michael Lee goes today as Lynchburg opens a series with Wilmington.
Rome Braves 6, Greenville Drive 1
- Chase Anselment, RF: 2-4, 2B, HR(7), 2 RBI, .212
- Tony Mueller, CF: 2-3, 2B, BB, 2 R, SB(26), .264
- Ross Heffley, 2B: 2-4, R, BB, SB(9), .290
- Brandon Drury, 1B: 2-4, R, RBI, .224
- A.J. Holland, SP: 5 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 6 K, 4.46 ERA
A.J. Holland had a great start for Rome, leading them to a 6-1 win over the drive while picking up his 3rd win of the year. Holland allowed 7 hits over 5 innings, but only allowed 1 run. He struck out 6 men while only walking one. Chase Anselment backed Holland with a 2 RBI day, including a double and his 7th homer of the year. Tony Mueller had a great day leading off, reaching base 3 times, stealing a base, and scoring two runs. Ross Heffley reached 3 times as well and stole his 9th base of the year too. Brandon Drury kept up his good work, notching his 3rd multi-hit game in his last 5 starts.
Fabian Williamson starts today for Rome.
Danville Braves 4, Pulaski Mariners 0
- Josh Elander, C: 1-3, HR(4), .277
- Ronald Luna, 2B: 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI, .317
- Logan Robbins, CF: 1-3, BB, R, SB(7), .226
- Luke Sims, SP: 5 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 K, 2.95 ERA
Luke Sims tossed a beauty over 5 innings yesterday to pick up his 2nd win of the year. Sims went 5 shutout innings allowing only 5 baserunners while striking out 6. Josh Elander continued his recent tear, hitting his 3rd homer in as many days. Ronald Luna had the big knock with a 2 RBI double, while Logan Robbins reached base twice and stole his 7th base of the year.
Danville is off today.
GCL Braves 4, GCL Yankees 6
- Tyler Tewell, C: 3-3, HR(3), 2 R, .313
- Conner Lien, RF: 1-4, R, SB(12), .236
- Robinson Arno, 1B: 1-4, RBI, .263
- Jorge Montenegro, SP: 4 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 1 BB, 4 K, 5.34 ERA
The GCL Braves were basically all Tyler Tewell yesterday, as the Braves' catcher had a perfect 3-3 day at the plate including his 3rd home run of the year. Tewell scored half of the Braves' runs as well. Conner Lien went 1-4 with a steal and a run scored, while Robinson Arno continued his recent hot hitting with an RBI single. Jorge Montenegro, despite 4 strikeouts, was very hittable, allowing 8 in 4 innings of work on his way to allowing 4 runs.
The GCL Braves play the GCL Yankees again this afternoon.