Both Jose Constanza and Mitch Atkins made their debuts in the Dominican. Other than that, it was a pretty quiet week in for the Braves org.
Dominican Winter League
- Christian Bethancourt: 15G, .188/.254/.208, 3BB/11K – Bethancourt had a very good week down in the Dominican. In his past three games he's gone 6-11 with a walk. The top prospect had a monster game Friday, going 3-5 with a home run, two doubles and a walk while driving in three. Great to see.
- Edward Salcedo: 7G, .174/.208/.217, BB/5K – Salcedo did not appear in any games this week.
- Omar Luna: 0-6, 3K – Luna did not appear in any games this week.
- Joey Terdoslavich: 7G, .333/.407/.542, 3BB/6K – Terdoslavich extended his hitting streak to five games. He also put together quite a performance Friday, going 3-4 with a triple and two runs scored. Terdo should be down in the dominican for another couple weeks.
- Jose Constanza: 5G, .167/.167/.167, BB/K – The long awaited debut of Constanza finally came this week. The 30-year-old outfielder collected four hits in his first week.
- Wifrin Obispo: 15.1IP, 8H, 5ER, 6BB, 16K – Obispo struck out the side in an inning of work this past week, allowing one hit.
- Ronan Pacheco: IP, H, 0ER, 0BB, 0K – Pacheco did not appear in any games this week.
- Luis Vasquez: 10.2IP, 3H, 2ER, 3BB, 11K – Talked about Vasquez quite a bit last week, here is an excerpt from Baseball America from this past week,
The Braves had signed reliever Luis Vasquez to a minor league deal hours after he attained free agency from the Dodgers, so rather than risking losing him in the Rule 5 draft, Atlanta added him to the 40-man roster. The 27-year-old misses plenty of bats (career-best 11.6 SO/9 in 2013) and has given up five home runs total in the past four seasons, but walks have been a significant issue (7.1 BB/9 in 2013). Still, Vasquez presents a tough look for righthanders with a sidearm delivery, and he has a nice fastball/slider combo.
- Mitch Atkins: 3.1IP, 0H, 0ER, 0BB, 3K – Mitch Atkins made his DWL debut Friday, throwing three hitless innings, adding three strikeouts to his line. Atkins threw 96 innings for Mississippi this past season posting a respectable 3.47 ERA. The 28-year-old righty posted a 76:35 strikeout-to-walk while starting 16 games in Double-A.
Venezuelan Winter League
- Ernesto Mejia: 40G, .250/.372/.477, 26BB/39K – Mejia has a Mejia like week, collecting two doubles and five singles. The righty is now OPS'ing .819 in 40 games for Aguilas del Zuila.
- Emerson Landoni 1-3, BB – Landoni did not appear in any games this week.
Mexican Winter League
- Daniel Castro: 26G, .208/.255/.333, 2BB/10K – Castro played but did not record any plate appearances this week.
- Joey Meneses: 11G, .357/.419/.536, 3BB/6K – After making a big splash in his debut, Menses followed up with a home run Monday as part of a four hit game. He already has already reached base 12 times in his first 23 plate appearances.
- Ryan Buchter: 13IP, 5H, ER, 8BB, 26K – Buchter did not appear in any games this week.
- Ryan Hinson: 48.1IP, 38H, 19ER, 21B, 30K – Hinson had a great bounce back start, going seven innings of one run ball. He managed to keep the walks in check while striking out four.
- Mark Lamm: 3.1IP, 4H, 3ER, 5BB, 3K – Lamm did not appear in any games this week.
- Andrew Russell: 9.2IP, 6H, 6ER, 6BB, 6K – Russell threw twice this week, surrendering a hit and a walk. He struck out two giving him six in 9.2 innings.
- Daniel Rodriguez: 9.2IP, 7H, ER, BB, 11K – Rodriguez has been quite solid in his first four appearances. He has only issued one run while posting an impressive 11:1 strikeout-to-walk. Don't expect much out of Rodriguez besides a Triple-A rotational piece.
- Matt Kennelly: 10G, .242/.350/.455, 5BB/K – Playing down under, Kennelly has collected a hit in five of his last six games. The catcher has one extra base hit which happened to be a homer.
- Victor Caratini: 0-1, K – Caratini did not appear in any games this week.