- Todd Cunningham CF: 3-3, 2BB, 2R
- Christian Bethancourt C: 3-4, 2B (17)
- Donnie Murphy 3B: 1-4, 2B (3)
- Sean Kazmar 2B: 3-4, 2R
- Brandon Boggs DH: 1-3, 2B (16), 2R
- Cody Martin: 7IP, 3H, ER, 2BB, 9K
- Ryan Buchter: IP, 0H, 0ER, 0BB, 2K
- Carlos Fisher: IP, H, 0ER, 0BB, 3K
Gwinnett continued the beat down of Durham, this time taking a 8-1 win over the Bulls. Todd Cunningham stayed white hot, this time reaching on three singles and two walks. For those keeping score at home, that means he's reached base safely 9-of-10 times to the plate over the past two games. Three hit games were also had by Christian Bethancourt and Sean Kazmar. Cody Martin threw a gem, allowing only three hits over seven innings, striking out nine batters on the night. The bullpen picked up where he left off throwing the final two frames, striking out five.
Mississippi Braves - Off Day
Mississippi will return to action tonight in Huntsville.
- Eric Garcia 2B: 1-4, 2B (14), BB
- Sean Godfrey CF: 2-4, 2B (2)
- Kevin Ahrens 3B: 2-5, 2B (40)
- Johan Camargo SS: 2-4, 2B (1)
- Jarrett Miller: 4.1IP, 6H, 2ER, 4BB, 4K
- Brady Feigl: 3.2IP, 0H, 0ER, 0BB, 3K
Lynchburg bounced back to take the win, answering with a 6-0 run to end by a final of 6-2. Kevin Ahrens, playing third, ripped his 40th double of the season, by far the most in the Carolina League this season. Sean Godfrey also stayed hot and reached twice, legging out a double of his own. Johan Camargo, playing shortstop, drove in a run, collecting his first double at the high-A level, scoring once. Jarrett Miller didn't have his best outing, but was able to stay competitive, only allowing two runs on the night. Brady Feigl took the win, throwing 3.2 hitless innings, striking out three.
- Jacob Schrader 1B: 2-4, HR (10), 2R
- Carlos Franco 3B: 2-5, 3B (4)
- Alejandro Piloto LF: 2-3, R
- Cody Livesay CF: 2-3, BB, R
- Brandon Barker: 3IP, 4H, 0ER, 2BB, 3K
- Carlos Perez: IP, 0H, 0ER, 2BB, K
- Sean Bierman: 5IP, 3H, 0ER, 3BB, 8K
Sean Bierman came in to pitch the final five innings of the game, allowing no earned runs on three hits, striking out eight in his second appearance with Rome. Brandon Barker got the start and only allowed four hits over three shutout innings. Jacob Schrader went deep for the 10th time with Rome, knocking a 2-run shot with two outs off Matt Abramson. Carlos Franco ripped his fourth triple of the season, driving in one.
- Joseph Daris CF: 2-4, BB, 2R
- Jose Morel RF: 1-3, HR (1), R
- Jordan Edgerton 3B: 2-3, BB
- Braxton Davidson LF: 1-3, BB
- Felix Marte: 2IP, 0H, 0ER, 0BB, 0K
Ugly. Danville gave up five runs in two separate innings, taking a beating from the Pirates, 11-1. Jordan Edgerton was a rare bright spot, reaching three times, once via walk. Jose Morel clubbed a home run as the only source of Braves scoring Wednesday. Braxton Davidson also reached twice.
- Stephen Gaylor CF: 3-5, 2R
- Erison Mendez 3B: 2-4, R
- Jared Cruz 1B: 1-3, 2B (2), R
- Luis Monasterio DH: 2-4, 2B (3), 2R
The GCL squad rallied in the 9th, but fell a run short. It was a sloppy game, with both teams committing a combined six errors. Jorany Santana allowed five runs in the first, but settled down after that to throw three scoreless. Stephen Gaylor provided a spark from the leadoff spot, going 3-5 with three singles, raising is average to .353. Jared Cruz and Luis Monasterio collected the only extra-base hits, each doubling. The club will finish out their season today against the Tigers.