(32-33) Gwinnett Braves 3, (33-34) Louisville Bats 1
- Adonis Garcia 3B: 2-4, 2 RBI (26), .309/.340/.404
- Christian Bethancourt C: 2-4, .500/.500/.500
- Jose Peraza 2B: 2-3, R, RBI (24), CS, .284/.319/.349
- Eury Perez PH: 1-1, R, SB (28), .296/.370/.376
- Chien-Ming Wang SP: 4 IP, 8 H, ER, BB, SO, 6.10 ERA
- Ryan Weber RP: Win (2-0), 2 IP, 2 H, 2 SO, 0.48 ERA
The Gwinnett Braves got the win on Wednesday despite being outhit 13-11 for the game. Chien-Ming Wang gave up 8 of those hits and only lasted 4 innings, but he fought through jams and allowed just 1 run - the only run in the game allowed by Braves pitching. Jose Peraza, Adonis Garcia, and Christian Bethancourt led the Braves on offense with 2 hits each. Bethancourt is hitting FIVE HUNDRED folks. Call him up now.
(32-32) Mississippi Braves 0, (36-29) Tennessee Smokies 8
- Mallex Smith CF: 1-4, 2 SO, .337/.412/.407
- Rio Ruiz 3B: 1-4, SO, E, .210/.330/.261
- Levi Hyams 2B: 1-2, BB, .346/.485/.385
- Jake Brigham SP: Loss (6-3), 7 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 5 SO, 3.05 ERA
- Francisco Rondon RP: 0.1 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 5.03 ERA
It was the same old story for the Mississippi Braves in this one - no offense. Mississippi has now lost 5 games in a row and 8 of their last 11. In the 5-game losing streak, they've scored a total of 3 runs. The offense managed just 4 hits in this one and provided the red-hot Jake Brigham zero run support. Brigham pitched well once again. He allowed just 4 hits and 0 walks in 7 innings. 2 unearned runs came across in the 5th due to an error by Kevin Ahrens. In the 7th, he allowed his 2 earned runs in his last inning of the night. The game was blown open in the 8th when Francisco Rondon had a really rough outing and wasn't helped either by an error behind him from Emerson Landoni.
(33-32) Carolina Mudcats 9, (31-35) Fredrick Keys 3
- Connor Lien CF: 3-5, R, SO, .309/.346/.448
- Jacob Schrader DH: 2-4, R, 3B, 3 RBI (31), BB, SO, .277/.311/.523
- Keith Curcio 2B: 2-4, R, RBI, BB, SB .258/.336/.333
- Sean Godfrey RF: 1-4, R, HR (5), RBI, .314/.339/.442
- Jose Briceno C: 1-4, 3 R, HR, RBI, BB, .159/.212/.278
- Brandon Barker SP: Win (3-1), 5.2 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, BB, 3 SO, 2.93 ERA
The Carolina Mudcats' offense had no problem scoring runs on Wednesday as they tore up Keys' pitching for 9 runs including 2 home runs. Connor Lien had 3 hits to lead the team. The struggling Jose Briceno got the start at catcher and made the most of it hitting his 3rd home run of the year and scoring 3 runs in the game. Jacob Schrader drove in 3 runs to raise his team-leading RBI total to 31. Brandon Barker got the win in an unspectacular outing, but it got the job done.
(29-37) Rome Braves 1, (43-22) Hickory Crawdads 11
- Jordan Edgerton 3B: 2-4, SO, .296/.346/.395
- Ozhaino Albies SS: 1-4, SO, .315/.372/.404
- Erison Mendez 2B: 1-3, R, BB, .317/.364/.366
- Alec Grosser SP: Loss (4-4), 4 IP, 4 H, 8 ER, 7 BB, 2 SO, 5.71 ERA
This one was never close for the Rome Braves. Alec Grosser had huge control issues from the very start as he issued 7 walks in just 4 innings of work. By the time he was pulled, he allowed 8 earned runs in the blowout. The Braves had just 5 hits in the game. Jordan Edgerton was the only batter with a multi-hit game. Erison Mendez scored the only run of the Braves and reached base twice, while Braxton Davidson was held hitless for the 2nd game in a row.