(44-44) Gwinnett Braves 4, (46-42) Durham Bulls 2
- Christian Bethancourt C: 2-4, R, HR (2), 2 RBI, .333/.359/.467
- Cedric Hunter DH: 2-3, RBI, .269/.313/.392
- Adonis Garcia 3B: 1-3, R, RBI, BB, .283/.309/.375
- Jose Peraza 2B: 1-4, 2 R, BB, SB (23), .281/.307/.358
- Mallex Smith CF: 1-3, BB, SO, SB (7), .217/.247/.304
- Ryan Weber SP: Win (3-1), 5 IP, 2 H, BB, 3 SO, 1.38 ERA
- Peter Moylan RP: IP, BB, 2 SO, 2.93 ERA
- Andrew McKirahan RP: IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 3 SO, 2 HR, 6.00 ERA
The Gwinnett Braves got the win on Friday with some great pitching by their starter Ryan Weber and 3 of the 4 bullpen arms before Andrew McKirahan came in and struggled to close out the game. The first 4 pitchers - Weber, Hunter Cervenka, Peter Moylan, and Ryan Kelly - combined to give up just 2 hits and 4 walks in 8 scoreless innings. McKirahan allowed 2 solo home runs in the 9th, but he did strike out 3 batters to close out the 4-2 win. Christian Bethancourt hit his 2nd home run of the season in AAA to pace the offense.
(41-42) Mississippi Braves 9, (46-36) Chattanooga Lookouts 0
- Kevin Ahrens DH: 3-6, R, 2B, HR (4), 2 RBI, SO, .235/.310/.341
- Levi Hyams 2B: 2-3, R, HR (1), 2 RBI, 2 BB, SO, .254/.354/.338
- Sean Godfrey CF: 2-5, 2 R, BB, 2 SB (4), .229/.288/.250
- KD Kang LF: 1-4, R, 2 RBI, SO, .254/.325/.357
- Rio Ruiz 3B: 1-4, R, RBI, BB, .226/.336/.289
- Andrew Barbosa SP: Win (1-1), 7 IP, 3 H, BB, 12 SO, 4.22 ERA
- Jason Hursh RP: IP, BB, SO, 5.55 ERA
The Mississippi Braves received a masterful performance from starter Andrew Barbosa and a huge 8th inning to win handily on Friday. Barbosa struck out 12 batters and allowed just 3 hits and 1 walk in 7 scoreless innings in a fantastic outing. Jason Hursh and Andrew Robinson threw scoreless innings as well to close the shutout. Kevin Ahrens and Levi Hyams both went deep and drove in 2 runs. Sean Godfrey had 2 hits and 2 stolen bases as he tries to get it going after a slow start in AA.
(42-43) Carolina Mudcats 1, (47-38) Myrtle Beach Pelicans 2
- Carlos Franco 3B: 2-4, SO, SB (4), .257/.334/.425
- Reed Harper 2B: 1-3, R, 2B, .159/.243/.193
- Joey Meneses 1B: 1-3, SO, .224/.292/.329
- Connor Lien RF: 0-2, RBI, BB, SF, CS, 2 OA, .289/.336/.426
- Lucas Sims SP: 3.1 IP, 3 H, R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 3 SO, 5.82 ERA
- Richie Tate RP: Loss (2-1), 0.1 IP, R, 0 ER, BB, 3.09 ERA
Despite not allowing an earned run in the game, the Carolina Mudcats fell 2-1 to the Pelicans on Friday due to a walk-off error by pitcher Richie Tate. Tate's wild throw in the bottom of the 9th with two outs allowed Carlos Penalver to score for the win. The other run for the Pelicans was scored in the 2nd inning and was unearned as well due to a Johan Camargo error. Lucas Sims got the start and once again struggled with control issues. He limited the damage though and got through 3.1 innings allowing just the 1 unearned run. The offense managed just 4 hits with Carlos Franco having the only multi-hit game.
(38-47) Rome Braves 0, (42-43) Augusta GreenJackets 8
- Braxton Davidson RF: 1-3, BB, 2 SO, .258/.397/.378
- Ozhaino Albies SS: 1-4, SO, .331/.387/.426
- Stephen Gaylor CF: 1-2, BB, CS, .310/.388/.366
- Joseph Daris LF: 1-3, SO, .276/.345/.414
- Oriel L Caicedo SP: Loss (3-4), 5.1 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, BB, 3 SO, 2 HR, 3.60 ERA
There weren't any good things to talk about for the Rome Braves on Friday. Just like the Mudcats, the offense managed only 4 hits, except they weren't able to score a run. Oriel L Caicedo was going along fine until he was roughed up for 4 runs in the 6th inning. The GreenJackets would score 2 more runs off of Francisco Gonzalez in the same inning to completely blow the game open.
(4-12) GCL Braves 2, (9-7) GCL Tigers 3
- Austin Riley 3B: 2-3, R, HR (2), RBI, BB, CS, .220/.333/.420
- Colin Yelich C: 1-3, RBI, SO, .280/.400/.320
- Josh Outman SP: IP, H, SO, 0.00 ERA
- Dilmer Mejia RP: Loss (0-3), 4 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 2 SO, 5.02 ERA
Austin Riley hit his 2nd home run of the season, but the GCL Braves had just 5 hits in the game and were unable to overcome the 3-run deficit brought on in the 5th inning by the GCL Tigers. Those 3 runs were allowed by Dilmer Mejia as he picked up his 3rd loss of the season already. Josh Outman got the start and threw a scoreless inning as he began his rehab assignment for the Braves.
(8-9) Danville Braves 3, (7-11) Bluefield Blue Jays 2
- Leudys Baez DH: 2-3, 2 R, 3B, BB, SO, SB (3), CS, PO, .279/.300/.441
- Luke Dykstra 2B: 1-3, R, RBI, SO, E, .309/.367/.436
- Trey Keegan C: 1-3, RBI, BB, .227/.346/.273
- Josh Graham SP: 3.1 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 SO, 1.74 ERA
- Trevor Belicek RP: Win (1-0), 3.2 IP, 4 SO, 2.84 ERA
Luke Dysktra and Trey Keegan drove in one run each, while Leudys Baez scored twice and had plenty to look at on the box score to lead the Danville Braves to a 3-2 win on Friday. Josh Graham got the start and allowed 2 runs in 3.1 innings of work. Trevor Belicek got the win with 3.2 perfect innings of relief.