(45-45) Gwinnett Braves: Off until Thursday
(43-43) Mississippi Braves 3, (47-38) Chattanooga Lookouts 4
- Emerson Landoni 2B: 5-5, 2B, RBI, SB (1), .281/.323/.351
- Matt Lipka CF: 1-4, R, RBI, SB (14), .279/.306/.340
- KD Kang LF: 1-5, RBI, SO, SB (1), .263/.330/.360
- Eric Garcia SS: 0-1, R, 2 BB, .214/.276/.299
- Stephen Janas SP: Loss (0-2), 6 IP, 5 H, ER, 2 SO, 4.50 ERA
- Andrew McKirahan RP: 0.2 IP, 2 R, 0 ER, BB, 0.00 ERA
The Mississippi Braves tried to make a late comeback on Monday, but they were unable to complete the bid and fell 4-3 to the Lookouts. The Braves brought 2 runs across in the 9th inning to get within 1, but KD Kang struck out with a runner on 1st to end it. Emerson Landoni was perfect on the night with 5 hits in 5 tries and stole his 1st base of the season. Andrew McKirahan made another appearance and allowed 2 unearned runs in 0.2 innings of work.
(43-45) Carolina Mudcats 0, (49-39) Myrtle Beach Pelicans 5
- Carlos Franco 3B: 1-4, 2B, SO, .254/.329/.423
- Reed Harper 2B: 1-3, 2B, .161/.248/.204
- Connor Lien RF: 1-3, SB (21), .292/.344/.424
- Seth Webster SP: Loss (4-6), 5.2 IP, 10 H, 5 ER, 4 SO, 3.27 ERA
There was nothing good going on for the Mudcats on Monday. Carolina managed just 5 hits in the game and couldn't bring a single run across the plate. Carlos Franco and Reed Harper both had doubles to provide the only signs of life from the Mudcats' offense. Seth Webster was hit hard in his start giving up 5 runs on 10 hits in 5.2 innings.
(39-48) Rome Braves: Off
(5-13) GCL Braves 12, (10-9) GCL Blue Jays 6
- Austin Riley 3B: 3-5, 2 R, HR (3), 3 RBI, .254/.348/.475
- Jonathan Morales C: 3-3, R, BB, .269/.367/.269
- Ronald Acuna CF: 1-4, 2 R, HR (1), 3 RBI, BB, 2 SO, .250/..382/.393
- Isranel Wilson RF: 1-4, R, HR (1), 2 RBI, 2 SO, .150/.277/.300
- Josh Outman SP: IP, H, 2 SO, 0.00 ERA
- Andrew Thurman RP: Win (1-0), 4 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 5 SO, HR, 4.50 ERA
The GCL Braves had the bats working on Monday scoring 12 runs including 3 home runs hit. Austin Riley hit his 3rd home run of the short season with a 3-run blast in the 1st inning, and Ronald Acuna added his own 3-run blast in the 5th inning for his 1st home run of the year. Isranel Wilson also hit his 1st home run of the year with a 2-run home run in the 3rd inning. Josh Outman once again started on the mound and threw a scoreless inning to begin the game. Andrew Thurman got the win in relief with 4 innings pitched allowing 3 runs and striking out 5.
(9-11) Danville Braves 1, (12-9) Burlington Royals 3
- Jake Lanning SS: 2-2, 2 2B, RBI, .205/.289/.282
- Jose Morel RF: 1-2, R, SO, SB (2), .293/.379/.362
- Ray-Patrick Didder CF: 1-3, SB (5), .277/.382/.415
- Luis Gamez SP: Loss (0-1), 4 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, BB, 3 SO, HR, 6.48 ERA
The Danville Braves also never got the bats working on Monday night. They managed just 6 hits and 1 run in their 3-1 loss to the Burlington Royals. Jake Lanning had 2 of those hits - both doubles - in his only 2 at-bats and drove in the only run. Ray-Patrick Didder had a hit and stole his 5th base of the young season. Starter Luis Gamez picked up the loss allowing 3 runs in 4 innings.