(40-38) Gwinnett Braves 6, (37-42) Buffalo Bisons 2
- Daniel Castro SS: 2-3, R, 2 RBI, BB, .288
- Mycal Jones DH: 2-4, 2 R, HR, RBI, .261
- Sean Kazmar 2-4, R, 3B, .283
- Todd Cunningham RF: 1-3, R, BB, SB, .260
- Alex White SP: Win (1-0), 6 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 4 BB, 3 SO, 2.35 ERA
- Carlos Fisher RP: Save (3), 3 IP, SO, 1.44 ERA
Alex White didn't have his best stuff in this one, but he worked his way out of jams and managed to get the job done for his first win of the year. Carlos Fisher came in and closed things out with three perfect innings out of the bullpen. All seven hits for the Braves came from the 6-7-8-9 spots in the lineup, and six of the hits came from the 7-8-9 spots. Mycal Jones hit a solo home run in the 7th inning for his 3rd of the year.
(36-38) Mississippi Braves 1, (47-27) Biloxi Shuckers 2 (F/10)
- KD Kang LF: 2-4, .254
- Braeden Schlehuber C: 2-4, SO, .200
- Matt Lipka CF: 1-4, R, HR, RBI, SO,
- Greg Ross SP: 7 IP, 9 H, ER, BB, 2 SO, 5.72 ERA
Despite a very good outing by starter Greg Ross, the Mississippi offense couldn't get it going on Wednesday to support their starter. A Matt Lipka solo home run in the top of the 6th was the only offense generated on the night, but it was enough to send Mississippi to extra innings. Biloxi was held scoreless from the 2nd through 9th innings, but they were able to get the walk-off win in the bottom of the 9th with an RBI single.
(38-38) Carolina Mudcats 4, (34-42) Winston-Salem Dash 1
- Jacob Schrader DH: 2-4, R, 2B, RBI, .274
- Dustin Peterson LF: 1-4, RBI, SO, .280
- Connor Lien RF: 1-3, 2 R, BB, SB (14), CS, .288
- Blair Walters SP: Win (4-2), 7 IP, 5 H, ER, BB, 5 SO, 2.60 ERA
- Caleb Dirks RP: Save (2), 2 IP, H, 4 SO, 0.00 ERA
The Dash managed a run in the top of the 1st inning but didn't score again as the Mudcats' pitching staff threw 8 straight scoreless innings. Blair Walters continued his good work on the mound in a quality outing, and Caleb Dirks struck out 4 batters in just 2 innings to shut the game down. Jacob Schrader had the only multi-hit game for Carolina, and Connor Lien scored 2 of the 4 runs while stealing his 14th base of the year.
Rome Braves: Postponed
The game between Rome and Lexington was postponed until August 15. The two teams will meet on Thursday at 7:00 with Zach Quintana on the mound for the Braves.
(3-6) GCL Braves 5, (6-2) GCL Phillies 0
- Angel Perez 2B: 2-4, R, 2B, SO, .250
- Ruben Perez C: 1-3, R, HR, 3 RBI, 2 SO, .100
- Alejandro Salazar SS: 1-4, R, RBI, SB, .281
- Austin Riley 3B: 1-4, R, SO, SB, .077
- Gabino Avalos SP: 4 IP, 3 H, BB, 3 SO, 9.00 ERA
- Jaret Hellinger RP: Win (1-0), 3 IP, H, BB, SO, 1.69 ERA
The Braves' gulf coast league team combined 4 pitchers for a shutout of the Phillies on Wednesday. Gabino Alvies got the start and was effective in 4 innings of work. Jaret Hellinger came in relief and got the win with 3 scoreless innings. Dalton Geekie and Nelson Leon each threw 1 scoreless inning to cap off the shutout. The pitchers gave up just 4 hits in the game. Offensively, Ruben Perez had the big blow of the night with a 2-run HR in the 5th inning. He also had a sacrifice fly to end the game with 3 RBI's.
(4-5) Danville Braves 9, (5-4) Kingsport Mets 4
- Luke Dykstra 2B: 1-3, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB, .250
- Jose Morel LF: 2-4, 2 R, 2B, BB, .286
- Carlos Castro 1B: 1-4, 3 RBI, 2 SO, .350
- Matt Withrow SP: 3 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 5 SO, 3.60 ERA
- Ryan Clark RP: Win (1-0), 3.1 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 3 SO, 0.00 ERA
Danville hitters got out to a quick start in this one to give the pitching staff a comfortable lead in the game. The Braves scored 4 in the 1st, 3 in the 2nd, and 2 in the 3rd to open up a quick 9-2 lead that would be more than enough to get the win. 2015 4th round pick Matt Withrow got the start and gave up 2 runs in 3 innings of work. 3rd round pick Ryan Clark then came on in relief and picked up the win while allowing 1 unearned run in 3.1 innings of work. Carlos Castro and Luke Dysktra led the pace on offense with 5 total runs driven in.