(47-48) Gwinnett Braves 6, (51-45) Rochester Red Wings 3
- Jose Peraza, 2B: 2-4, RBI, .294
- Adonis Garcia, 3B: 1-3, 2 RBI, .285
- Mycal Jones, RF: 2-4, 2 R, 2 RBI, .284
- Kanekoa Texeira, SP (W, 1-3) 6.2 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 2 K, 1.64 ERA
Gwinnett pulled to within one game of the .500 mark Monday night with a 6-3 win over Rochester. Kanekoa Texeira picked up his first win of the season allowing two hits and three runs over 6 2/3 innings of work. Adonis Garcia put the Braves in front in the third with a two out, two run single that scored Todd Cunningham and Mycal Jones. Gwinnett increased the lead to 6-1 in the seventh scoring four runs with the big blow coming from Jones who's bases loaded single plated a pair. Ryan Kelly pitched a scoreless ninth to pick up his seventh save of the season.
(48-44) Mississippi Braves 1, (36-55) Jackson Generals 0
- Matt Kennelly, 1B: 2-4, .229
- Sean Godfrey, LF: 1-3, RBI, .219
- Andrew Barbosa, SP (W, 2-1) 5 IP, 5 H, BB, 3 K, 6.23 ERA
The Mississippi Braves found just enough offense on Monday night defeating the Jackson Generals 1-0. Four different Braves pitchers combined for the shutout. Andrew Barbosa allowed five hits over five innings and picked up his second win of the season. The game's only run came in the second inning as Sean Godfrey drove home David Rohm with two outs.
(46-48) Carolina Mudcats 8, (50-44) Wilmington Blue Rocks 2
- Jacob Schrader, DH: 2-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, .248
- Dustin Peterson, LF: 1-4, R, .257
- Connor Lien, RF: 1-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI, .298
- Max Povse, SP: 1 IP, H, 2 ER, BB, K, 9.33 ERA
- Justin Jackson (W, 3-0) 4 IP, 0 H, BB, 3 K, 2.59 ERA
Carolina fell behind early but rallied late to score an 8-2 win over Wilmington. Max Povse gave up two runs in the first inning and left the game after just 17 pitches. Justin Jackson replaced him and held the Blue Rocks down throwing four hitless innings of relief. The Mudcats scored five runs in the fifth and tacked on three more in the eighth. Jacob Schrader hit his ninth home run of the season in the fifth.
(48-45) Lakewood Blue Claws 4, (42-52) Rome Braves 0 (11 Innings)
- Touki Toussaint, SP: 6 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 8 K, 3.20 ERA
- Matt Tellor, 1B: 2-3, 2B, .211
- Braxton Davidson, RF: 0-3, BB, K, .252
Touki Toussaint pitched six no-hit innings, but the Rome Braves were unable to muster any offense in a 4-0 loss to Lakewood in 11 innings. Toussaint was the story in this one as he was in full command and downright overpowering while on the mound. He pitched around four walks with eight strikeouts and showed why many are so high on him as a prospect. Rome put a runner at third base with one out in the ninth inning, but squandered the opportunity with a pair of strikeouts to end the inning. The score would remain 0-0 until the 11th when Lakewood finally broke through with back-to-back home runs off of Rome's Mitchell Osnowitz.
(10-14) Bristol Pirates 7, (12-14) Danville Braves 6 (11 innings)
- Jeff Campbell, 1B: 3-5, 2 R, 2B, .250
- Ray Patrick-Didder, CF: 2-4, R, 2B, RBI, .271
- Tanner Anderson, RP: 3 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 5 K, 2.57 ERA
Danville dropped to 12-14 on the season with a 7-6 loss to Bristol in 11 innings. The Braves rallied to tie the game in the ninth on a double by Leudys Baez. Jordan George put Bristol back in front with an RBI single in the 11th. Danville put the potential tying run on second base in the bottom half of the inning but Luke Dykstra grounded out to third to end the threat and the game.
(14-10) GCL Pirates 3, (7-16) GCL Braves 10
- Ronald Acuna, CF: 3-4, 2 R, 2 2B, HR, 4 RBI, .278
- Justin Ellison, LF: 3-5, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, .264
- Mike Soroka, SP: 4 IP, H, 3 K, 0.00 ERA
Mike Soroka tossed four scoreless innings to help the Gulf Coast League Braves to a 10-3 win over the Pirates. The Braves banged out 15 hits on the afternoon including home runs by Ronald Acuna and Justin Ellison. Acuna also had a double and drove in four runs in the game.