(53-50) Gwinnett Braves 9, (51-53) Durham Bulls 3
- Todd Cunningham RF: 4-4, 2 RBI, .267/.332/.341
- Christian Bethancourt C: 3-5, 3 R, 2 2B, SO, .303/.317/.437
- Mallex Smith CF: 2-5, R, SO, 2 SB (14), .221/.262/.287
- Greg Smith SP: 4 IP, 4 H, 3 SO, 2.53 ERA
The Gwinnett offense scored 5 runs in the 1st inning on Tuesday night to build a comfortable lead that would be plenty to hold off the Bulls. The Braves had 15 hits in the game including a 4-4 night from Todd Cunningham and a 3-hit game by Christian Bethancourt. Mallex Smith also contributed 2 hits, a run, and 2 more stolen bases.
(51-48) Mississippi Braves 12, (54-45) Birmingham Barons 3
- KD Kang DH: 3-5, 2 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, .294/.361/.419
- Luis Mateo SS: 2-5, 2B, 3 RBI, .400/.400/.600
- Sean Godfrey LF: 2-6, 2 R, 3B, 2 RBI, SO, .238/.267/.317
- Rio Ruiz 3B: 2-4, 2 R, BB, SO, .211/.320/.263
- Greg Ross SP: Win (4-9), 7 IP, 6 H, ER, BB, 7 SO, 4.63 ERA
Much like Gwinnett, the Mississippi Braves used a huge inning to build a big lead that the Barons couldn't come back from. For Mississippi, it was the 6-run 6th inning that was the big blow. The Braves had 18 hits in the game to double the total from Birmingham. KD Kang blasted his 4th home run of the year in a big game. Luis Mateo didn't waste any time getting used to his new team as he had 2 hits and 3 RBI's in his first game with Mississippi. Greg Ross was fantastic in his start striking out 7 batters while allowing just 1 run for his 4th win of the season.
(50-52) Carolina Mudcats 7, (49-54) Frederick Keys 4
- Dustin Peterson LF: 2-5, R, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 SO, .258/.331/.364
- Keith Curcio CF: 2-5, R, RBI, SO, SB (11), .217/.286/.289
- Jacob Schrader 1B: 1-3, R, HR (11), 2 RBI, BB, SO, .254/.295/.466
- Reed Harper 2B: 1-3, 2 R, RBI, 2 BB, .176/.252/.229
- Andrew Thurman SP: 4 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, BB, 5 SO, 3.86 ERA
Another team, another huge inning to help them to victory. The Carolina Mudcats used a 5-run 6th inning to surge ahead of the Keys after trailing 4-2 in the game. It would be the last runs scored in the contest, and the Mudcats would cruise to a 3-run victory. Dustin Peterson drove in 2 runs and had 2 hits, while Jacob Schrader hit his 11th home run of the season to lead the Carolina offense. Andrew Thurman was knocked around a bit in his start and only lasted 4 innings in a no decision.
(43-58) Rome Braves 2, (52-49) Asheville Tourists 3
- Jordan Edgerton 3B: 2-4, R, 2B, RBI, .262/.312/.340
- Bryan De La Rosa C: 2-4, RBI, SO, .207/.268/.341
- Omar Obregon 2B: 1-2, R, 2 BB, CS, .264/.331/.306
- Yean Carlos Gil SP: Loss (1-4), 6.2 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 SO, HR, 4.05 ERA
The Rome Braves were unable to generate the offense that the rest of the farm system did on Tuesday as they managed just 2 runs and 7 hits in the game. Both runs were scored in the first inning. Jordan Edgerton and Bryan De La Rosa both had 2 hits each and drove in the only runs in the 1st inning. Yean Carlos Gil was productive on the mount, but he received the loss with 3 runs allowed in 6.2 innings pitched.