(65-57) Gwinnett Braves 3, (68-54) Columbus Clippers 4
- Luis Mateo 2B: 3-4, 2 RBI, .262/.286/.377
- Mallex Smith CF: 2-5, .274/.313/.353
- Freddie Freeman 1B: 1-5, 2 SO, .200/.200/.200
- Christian Bethancourt C: 1-4, BB, E (2), .326/.359/.481
- Cedric Hunter DH: 1-3, 2B, 2 BB, SO, SB (9), .280/.327/.424
- Tyrell Jenkins SP: Loss (3-4), 2 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, SO, 3.71 ERA
Despite the loss, there was some bigger news in Gwinnett after the 4-3 loss on Sunday. The good news was Freddie Freeman made a successful rehab start and is on path the come off of the DL on Wednesday. He hasn't exactly torn it up so far in the farm, but he did have a hit in the game. The bad news seemed to be worries about Tyrell Jenkins' short start. He wasn't on top of his game, but Jenkins was pulled earlier than expected after just two innings of work. There were some rumors about an injury, but Jenkins tweeted later in the day saying it was only precautionary and he's ready to end the season strongly.
Mississippi Braves -
Cancelled due to rain, won't be made up
(61-58) Carolina Mudcats 6, (58-62) Frederick Keys 1
- Johan Camargo SS: 3-4, 2 R, HR (1), 2 RBI, .264/.319/.353
- Keith Curcio 2B: 1-3, R, HR (3), 2 RBI, SO, .227/.291/.319
- Jacob Schrader 1B: 2-5, 2B, SO, .257/.303/.458
- Reed Harper 3B: 1-4, R, HR (1), RBI, BB, .201/.267/.257
- Dustin Peterson LF: 1-5, R, SO, .245/.319/.336
- Seth Webster SP: Win (8-6), 7 IP, 6 H, R, 0 ER, 8 SO, 2.52 ERA
After falling behind early, Seth Webster settled down and pitched a gem, and the Carolina offense rode the long ball to capture the 6-1 win. Johan Camargo, Keith Curcio, and Reed Harper all went deep in the game. Seth Webster continued his brilliant run since the middle of July as his ERA dropped to 2.52 to get his 8th win of the season.
(51-68) Rome Braves 3, (49-68) Lexington Legends 1
- Matt Tellor 1B: 1-2, R, HR (3), RBI, BB, .236/.290/.321
- Tanner Murphy C: 1-4, 2B, RBI, SO, .191/.276/.294
- Hector Olivera 3B: 0-3, R, BB, E, .000/.250/.000
- Braxton Davidson RF: 0-3, BB, .243/.392/.374
- Oriel L Caicedo SP: 6.2 IP, 6 H, ER, 4 SO, 3.48 ERA
Rome was able to get the win on Sunday despite only having 5 hits in the game. Tanner Murphy got things going with an RBI double in the 1st inning to take a 1-0 lead. After Lexington tied it in the 6th, Matt Tellor hit a solo home run to recapture the lead, and an insurance run came later in the inning from a bases-loaded double play off of the bat of Hector Olivera. It was Olivera's first appearance with Rome. He was 0-3 in the game with his 2nd error since beginning his rehab assignment. Oriel L Caicdeo received a no decision, but he was very effective allowing only 1 run in 6.2 innings on the mound.
(26-27) Danville Braves 5, (28-24) Elizabethton Twins 6
- Justin Ellison LF: 2-4, R, 2B, HR (2), 2 RBI, .278/.333/.611
- Jose Morel RF: 3-5, 2B, SO, .325/.393/.396
- Kurt Hoekstra SS: 2-5, R, 2 2B, RBI, .257/.344/.383
- Austin Riley 3B: 1-5, R, 2 SO, .304/.400/.500
- Patrick Weigel SP: 4 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, 5 BB, 3.92 ERA
The Danville bullpen was unable to preserve the 1-run lead handed to them off the bat of Justin Ellison's 2-run home run in the top of the 8th inning. Elizabethton scored a run in the 7th, 8th, and 9th inning with the latter being a walk off single to give the Twins a 6-5 win. Ellison's home run was his 2nd with Danville as he's had a very hot start with the team since being called up from the GCL. Patrick Weigel received the no decision in his start. He had some control issues with 5 walks allowed in 4 innings.