(59-51) Gwinnett Braves 4, (56-55) Rochester Red Wings 3
- Eric Young Jr. 2B: 2-4, RBI, SO, .243/.324/.326
- Mycal Jones DH: 2-3, R, .275/.357/.428
- Luis Mateo SS: 1-3, R, RBI, .100/.143/.100
- Christian Bethancourt C: 0-3, RBI, SF, .291/.306/.433
- Mallex Smith CF: 0-2, BB, SO, .234/.277/.303
- Kanekoa Texeira SP: Win (4-3), 6 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 SO, 3.53 ERA
Despite being outhit 9-7, the Gwinnett Braves strung together the hits they needed in the 5th inning to bring across all 4 runs in the game to take a 4-3 lead that would stick for the rest of the game. Kanekoa Texeira didn't have his best stuff, but he was able to work around some jams to produce a quality start for his 4th win of the year.
(55-52) Mississippi Braves 3, (55-51) Montgomery Biscuits 2
- Emerson Landoni SS: 2-3, R, BB, SB (3), .287/.325/.363
- Rio Ruiz 3B: 1-4, R, 2B, RBI, .213/.329/.263
- KD Kang DH: 1-4, RBI, SO, .293/.359/.415
- Sean Godfrey CF-RF: 1-4, RBI, SO, .214/.244/.278
- John Gant SP: Win (2-0), 6 IP, H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 9 SO, 0.77 ERA
John Gant outperformed his 1st start with the Braves quite easily in his 2nd time out. Gant went 6 scoreless innings allowing just 1 hit and 2 walks while striking out an impressive 9 batters. Mississippi gave Gant the run support he needed with a run in the 2nd and 2 runs in the 3rd, and despite some problems from Jorge Reyes in the 8th inning, the bullpen was able to conserve the victory to get Gant his 2nd win in as many tries with the Braves.
(56-53) Carolina Mudcats 7, (54-55) Winston-Salem Dash 1
- Jacob Schrader DH: 2-4, 2 R, 2B, HR (12), 4 RBI, SO, .262/.308/.480
- Connor Lien RF: 2-4, R, 3B, SO, .295/.348/.440
- Johan Camargo SS: 1-4, R, RBI, SO, .255/.308/.329
- Dustin Peterson LF: 0-3, R, BB, .248/.321/.349
- Seth Webster SP: Win (7-6), 7 IP, 5 H, ER, 0 BB, 7 SO, 2.81 ERA
Jacob Schrader led the offensive attack from the Carolina Mudcats in this one with a 4-RBI performance. Schrader got things going early with a 3-run double in the 1st inning to get Carolina an early lead. He would add to that performance in the 6th inning with his 12th home run of the season and 4th RBI of the game. The runs produce from Schrader would be more than enough for starter Seth Webster. Webster allowed just 1 run in 7 innings while striking out 7 to pick up his 7th win of the season.
(45-63) Rome Braves 3, (60-48) Savannah Sand Gnats 4
- Tanner Murphy DH: 2-3, RBI, .186/.271/.280
- Luke Dykstra 2B: 2-5, SO, E, .400/.400/.400
- Joseph Daris PR-DH: 1-1, R, 3B, RBI, BB, .280/.355/.417
- Omar Obregon PH-SS: 1-1, 2B, RBI, .267/.329/.312
- Oriel L Caicedo SP: 6 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 2 SO, 3.55 ERA
Two late-game substitutes nearly came in to win the game for Rome in this one, but the Sand Gnats were able to grab the win in extra innings on Wednesday. Joseph Daris and Omar Obregon both came through with 9th inning extra base hits to score 2 runs and tie the game at 3 to force extra innings. Savannah didn't take any time to bounce back though as they scored the winning run in the top of the 10th. Oriel L Caicedo picked up a no decision in the game with 2 runs allowed in 6 innings of work.
(19-21) Danville Braves 3, (24-17) Princeton Rays 1
- Carlos Castro DH: 1-4, R, RBI, SO, .350/.375/.467
- Jose Morel RF: 1-2, RBI, 2 BB, SO, CS, .293/.366/.353
- Kurt Hoekstra SS: 1-4, R, 3B, SO, .237/.343/.347
- Austin Riley 3B: 0-2, R, BB, .368/.500/.737
- Ryan Clark SP: Win (4-0), 5 IP, 2 H, ER, BB, 3 SO, 3.41 ERA
Danville only had 5 hits in the game from 5 different players, but they were timely enough to produce 3 runs and a victory for the Braves. Ryan Clark, Luis Gamez, and Chase Johnson-Mullins combined to allow just 1 run on 2 hits and 2 walks in 9 innings for a beautiful win from the pitching staff.
(15-21) GCL Braves 3, (22-12) GCL Pirates 4
- Kevin Josephina 2B: 3-5, SO, .292/.292/.292
- Robert Nesovic 1B: 2-3, R, RBI, BB, .211/.328/.263
- Collin Yelich DH: 1-4, RBI, CS, .268/.388/.286
- Jhon Martinez SP: 3.2 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, SO, 2.67 ERA
The GCL Braves started this one off in an encouraging way with 3 first-inning runs to jump out to a quick lead, but unfortunately it would be the only runs scored in the game for the Braves. The Pirates chipped away at the lead with runs in the 3rd and 4th, and they tied it up in the bottom of the 8th inning at 3-3. A walk-off win in the 10th inning made the GCL Braves the 2nd team in the farm to lose in extras on Wednesday.