Warning: This podcast was recorded before the Braves signed Jason Motte and, as such, there will be no Jason Motte-related #content. Spoiler alert: That move is... fine.
Happy Monday! The 2017 MLB season is officially underway and the Atlanta Braves have participated in six sanctioned baseball games. Unfortunately, things have not gone particularly well in terms of on-field success but there are 156 games remaining on the slate and plenty of time to turn things around. With that in mind, Episode 59 of the Talking Chop Podcast is here and we break down the following topics:
- Sunday’s loss was not particularly fan, especially with the Braves taking the lead in the tenth inning
- Trying to shed the light on some positives, including Julio Teheran, Bartolo Colon and Freddie Freeman
- Matt Kemp missed two games over the weekend with injury. COMMENCE PANIC.
- The Ryan Howard signing is a thing and there is absolutely no downside to this move
- Peddling a bit of worry about Brian Snitker and his tactical managing performance to this point
- SunTrust Park opens in just a few days
- Which is a bigger area of concern moving forward: Third Base or Catcher?
- Much, much more