Happy Monday! It was yet another (very) weird week for the Atlanta Braves and we join you on this fine Labor Day to discuss the team. Today’s show (Ep. 80) features a visit from TC’s own Gaurav Vedak and topics include the following:
- Atlanta’s win on Sunday was fun but there was a devastating loss earlier in the weekend that doubled as bizarre
- Brandon Phillips was traded to the Angels and a portion of the fan base was upset. We try to break it down.
- Freddie Freeman’s wrist is bothering him and he wasn’t shy about releasing some information about the ailment. In fact, it inspired a (very) rare rant on the show and fun was had by all.
- Max Fried was stellar on Sunday and Rio Ruiz has been fun since being called up to begin September.
- Micah Johnson had a strange hour with regard to his employment status
- Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic wrote about the Braves front office and it produced questions
- Could we see a third base platoon in 2018?
- Gaurav’s thoughts on the minor league system right now, including a couple of deep sleepers for the future
- Much, much more