Another slow news day if you are a fan of the Atlanta Braves but things will likely pick up soon. We will have an updated look at the team’s 40-man roster coming up later today with features on the decisions the team faces with club options and in arbitration. Our annual player-by-player review will also begin this week so stay tuned.
An interesting look by MLB.com’s Mike Petriello into what Dallas Keuchel might expect as he enters the free agent market again.
- The East Fall Stars defeated the West squad 4-2 in the annual Fall Stars Game in Arizona. Outfielder Trey Harris was the Braves’ lone representative in the game. He entered as a defensive replacement in the sixth inning and struck out in his only at-bat.
- Our weekly Arizona Fall League recap is highlighted by a three-hit performance by Greyson Jenista.
Grant McAuley is joined by Gabe Burns of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution to discuss the Atlanta Braves’ ouster from the postseason and size up the winter moves ahead.
- Carlos Correa delivered a walk-off home run in the 11th inning to give the Astros a 3-2 win over the New York Yankees in Game 2 of the ALCS. The series will now shift to New York for three straight.
- Yankees outfielder Giancarlo Stanton sat out Game 2 after suffering a quad injury in Game 1. He is considered day-to-day.
- Masahiro Tanaka added to his postseason legacy in Game 1 allowing just one hit over six shutout innings.
- The Nationals continue to play it safe with outfielder Victor Robles who suffered a strained hamstring in Game 2 of the NLDS and hasn’t played since. Manager Dave Martinez said that Robles was progressing and was scheduled to run a bit during Sunday’s off day but that he wouldn’t anticipate anything until he comes in Monday.
- The Philadelphia Phillies will soon begin their search for their next manager and plan to sit down for an interview with Dusty Baker later this week. Baker spent the last two seasons working as a special advisor in the Giants front office.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates are also in the hunt for a new manager. Candidates for their opening reportedly include Diamondbacks Vice President of player development Mike Bell, Phillies player information coordinator Sam Fuld, Twins bench coach Derek Shelton and former Rangers manager Jeff Banister.
- Despite facing a salary crunch, the Boston Red Sox are likely to tender outfielder Jackie Bradley a contract this offseason but will then try to move him via trade. Bradley remains one of the best defensive outfielders in the game but has seen his offensive production dwindle over the last few seasons.