On Tuesday, the Atlanta Braves won a World Series game for the first time since 1996. The win gave the Braves a 1-0 advantage in the 2021 Fall Classic, though the team also suffered a high-profile injury to a core piece of the roster. Overall, there was a lot to discuss from what was a marathon game, and the Talking Chop Podcast broke it all down.
TC’s Brad Rowland and Eric Cole co-host Episode 322 and topics include the following:
- Jorge Soler opened the World Series with a bang
- Atlanta exploded in the early going, providing a cushion for a pitching staff that was about to be taxed
- Charlie Morton’s 2021 season is over and that leaves the Braves with questions to answer, particularly for Games 4 and 5
- Luke Jackson and AJ Minter did a masterful job of eating innings in Game 1
- Looking ahead to Game 2 and beyond, with the Braves now installed as clear favorites according to the betting market and statistical projection models
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.