The Atlanta Braves and Houston Astros will travel on Thursday, and the two teams are knotted at 1-1 in the 2021 World Series. After the Braves opened with a win, the Astros countered on Wednesday in lopsided fashion. The Talking Chop Podcast convened for Episode 323 following the final out at Minute Maid Park, and there is plenty to evaluate.
TC’s Brad Rowland and Scott Coleman join forces to break down these topics:
- The first inning was marked by umpire discussion and a wide strike zone
- Houston struck first... and never trailed
- Travis d’Arnaud gave the Braves life with a home run in the second
- The bottom half of that particular frame went terribly, from BABIP luck to shifting to poor defense
- More defensive issues popped up later in the game
- Dylan Lee was wronged by the play behind him
- Kyle Wright impressed in his first postseason action
- Tucker Davidson was added to replace Charlie Morton
- What’s next for Game 3 and beyond?
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.