The World Series resumes tonight at Truist Park with Game 3 featuring a pitching matchup between Ian Anderson and Luis Garcia. We will have you covered in the lead up to the first pitch so be sure to check back throughout the day.
- Freddie Freeman, Ozzie Albies, Adam Duvall and Max Fried were all announced as Gold Glove Award finalists.
- The Braves rookie left-hander Tucker Davidson was added to Atlanta’s World Series roster replacing the injured Charlie Morton. Our own Garrett Spain took a closer look at Davidson’s season and what fans might expect from him during the World Series.
- The addition of Davidson gives the Braves seven left-handed pitchers on their World Series roster, six of which are in the bullpen. No World Series team in history has ever used six lefty relievers in one World Series.
- A report by Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune early Wednesday said that Braves third base coach Ron Washington was a still a possibility for the Padres vacant managerial position. However, the Padres filled the spot Wednesday night hiring former A’s manager Bob Melvin.
- A good article from MLB Pipeline’s Jonathan Mayo on the back story that led the Atlanta Braves to draft Ian Anderson with the No. 3 pick in the 2016 MLB Draft.
- An interesting list from MLB.com, every World Series since 1982 has featured a player that was once a teammate of John Smoltz.
World Series odds
Get the latest odds for World Series Game 3 at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- The Braves are still underdogs to win the World Series despite splitting the first two games in Houston.
- Michael Brantley and Jose Altuve are World Series MVP favorites as the series heads into Game 3.
MLB Coaching News
- The Arizona Diamondbacks hired Joe Mather as the team’s new hitting coach. Mather spent the past two seasons as an assistant hitting coach with the Reds.
- The Reds announced Wednesday that they have given pitching coach Derek Johnson the new title of “director of pitching” along with a contract extension. Johnson will remain the team’s pitching coach. Cincinnati’s former director of pitching was Driveline founder Kyle Boddy who left the Reds last month.
- The Twins hired David Popkins as their new hitting coach. Popkins has worked in the Dodgers’ minor league system for the last three seasons.
- The Nationals have hired Eric Young Jr. as their new first base coach. The news was broken by his father Eric Young Sr. who mentioned it while speaking with a reporter prior to Game 1 of the World Series.