While the rest of the Major League Baseball world has an uncertain stretch of inactivity ahead of it, Hall of Fame selection season has arrived. On Sunday, both the Era and Early Era Committees elected six historical baseball talents to the Hall of Fame. Gil Hodges, Jim Kaat, Minnie Minoso, Tony Oliva, Buck O’Neil, and Bud Fowler will now have their achievements, contributions, and legacies honored in Cooperstown.
The rest of the 2021 Hall of Fame Class will be decided upon in the near future. As has been the case over the past several years, there are many former greats with very compelling cases for various reasons. Once again, Andruw Jones will be among many candidates that could received strong consideration for the prestigious honor.
- With the 2021 Hall Of Fame Class currently being decided upon via votes, Mark Bowman discussed why Andruw Jones continues to have a strong case among his peers.
2021 Player Review Series
A few new 2021 Braves Player Reviews to enjoy:
- Sunday brought an update on the interest in Seiya Suzuki. It seems as if his most aggressive suiters are currently the Yankees, Red Sox, and Blue Jays.
- Reliever Trevor Megill signed a minor league deal with the Minnesota Twins.
- Former Royals Infielder Christian Colon retired from baseball after six seasons.
- Yasiel Puig spoke about the needs of Latin America ballplayers and himself during the lockout on Sunday.