The Atlanta Braves were (very) quiet for a long, long time after signing Drew Smyly and Charlie Morton near the start of the off-season. On Friday evening, the silence came to an end, with the Braves pulling off a badly needed transaction to bolster the lineup by re-signing Marcell Ozuna to a four-year contract.
Just a few minutes after the news broke, the Talking Chop Podcast is back to react to it all, with Brad Rowland and Scott Coleman coming together in emergency fashion.
Topics for Episode 274 include the following:
- Sifting through the details of Ozuna’s new contract, with $65 million guaranteed, an interesting club option and a structure that allows for flexibility in 2021
- What can folks expect from Ozuna at the plate after the best season of his career?
- So... about that pesky defense...
- The Braves no longer have a glaring hole and the offense looks notably better as a result
- This deal arrives at a very fair price when compared to expectations
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.