In less than three weeks, the Atlanta Braves will take the field for a game that counts in the MLB standings. Until then, there is plenty to consume from Spring Training but, on a Friday evening, the Talking Chop Podcast takes a broader view in an effort to examine the NL East as a whole.
Joe Lucia of Awful Announcing joins the show for Episode 279 and topics include the following:
- Nick Markakis announced his retirement on Friday, ending a six-year run with the Braves and a 15-year career that included more than 8,000 plate appearances and nearly 2,400 hits
- Could the Braves add Maikel Franco?
- Glancing at how some of the major projection systems view the NL East
- How much worse are the Marlins than the rest of the division?
- The Phillies and the Nationals seem to be in a tier as the season begins
- Okay... okay... how good are the Mets? Really, how good are the Mets?
- Joe’s thoughts on the Braves as Spring Training continues and how the division will work itself out in the end
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.