A new season brings a new opportunity for several Atlanta Braves players to move up in the team’s record books. Below is a list of players who already rank on the franchise leaderboard and who will have the opportunity to reach new heights. All the information in this article is courtesy of Baseball Reference and you can look at these lists in greater detail there.
- This entire article could have been centered around Freddie Freeman given his performance and longevity in a Braves uniform. It shouldn’t be a surprise that he is featured prominently on the team’s franchise leaderboards.
- Freeman is seventh in career bWAR at 38.8. Barring injury he will pass Fred Tenney who has 39.8 bWAR and is sixth. Long time Braves great Dale Murphy is fifth at 47.3.
- He is currently tied for 21st in career batting average at .295. Tommy McCarthy is currently 20th at .296 while Matt Diaz is 19th at .299.
- Currently 10th in career games played at 1,406. Bobby Lowe is currently ninth at 1,411.
- Freeman has scored 849 runs in his career which is 11th in franchise history. He should pass Billy Nash, who is 10th with 855, early on in the 2021 season.
- He is also 11th in career hits with 1,524. Hugh Duffy is 10th with 1,545 and Bobby Lowe is ninth with 1,608. Andruw Jones is in eighth place with 1,683 career hits in a Braves uniform.
- Freeman is ninth in career Runs Batted In with 858. Next up is Bobby Lowe in eighth with 872. Hugh Duffy is seventh with 927 while Herman Long is sixth with 964.
- Freeman is also seventh in career walks with 691. Andruw Jones is sixth 717 while Fred Tenney is fifth with 750.
Ronald Acuña Jr. has played in just over 300 career regular season games for the Braves but he could move way up several of the Braves’ franchise lists with a full 2021 season. Acuña currently has 81 career home runs which is 32nd on the team’s all-time list. A 30-homer season would vault him into the Top 20. He is also 48th on the franchise list in stolen bases with 61. Ender Inciarte is currently 34th with 77.
Manager Brian Snitker just received a contract extension from the team and could make a jump up the franchise’s all-time wins list for managers. Snitker is currently ninth with 353 career victories. An 82-win season would vault him into fifth place in franchise history which is currently held by Fredi Gonzalez who has 432 wins. Also in front of Snitker currently is Casey Stengel (373), Lum Harris (379) and Billy Southworth (424).