Austin Riley, Matt Olson, and Dansby Swanson all provided solo home runs while the Braves bullpen gave up only one run over four innings for Atlanta to earn the win. Max Fried was quite effective before leaving the game early due to illness, while Jacob deGrom did not seem as otherworldly as he does most nights. In the end, a series opening victory could prove pivotal as the Braves look to continue finding ways to win over the Mets.
Shawn Coleman breaks down the action on Friday night and looks at Saturday’s matchup as well:
- The Bats the Braves needed to step up the most delivered
- Max Fried proved his worth in big games once again
- The Braves advantage in the bullpens proved clutch
- Charlie Morton extension is a sensible move for Atlanta
- The formula for success does not change for Kyle Wright and the Braves on Saturday
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Google Podcasts, or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.