While anyone and everyone would prefer for the Braves to still be playing, this time of year remains exciting in baseball as awards season has arrived. On Thursday, the finalists for the Gold Gloves awards were announced. Four Braves were among the finalists at their respective position. Though the legitimacy of the voting for Gold Gloves is fair to debate, Travis d’Arnaud, Dansby Swanson, Max Fried, and Matt Olson each are being awarded for very good to outstanding defensive campaigns.
Shawn Coleman breaks down the competition on the Daily Hammer Podcast:
- Fried attempts to make it three straight wins in the gold glove category among NL SPs
- Swanson may have the best chance of any Braves player to win
- Michael Harris II was a surprising omission in the outfield
- Austin Riley, Ronald Acuna Jr., and Olson were mentioned frequently among the Braves longest home runs and highest exit velocities in 2022
- Acuna Jr.’s power potential remains among the best in the game
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Google Podcasts, or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.