Over the past few weeks, plenty of Braves players have received recognition by being finalists for various annual awards. While a few have earned honors, this week should be exciting as the BBWAA baseball awards for 2022 are announced.
And for Atlanta, Monday should be a fun day as the winner of one of the more highly debated awards races is finally announced.
The Jackie Robinson Rookies of the Year will announced later today for the American League and National League. In the case of both races, you have multiple players with a worthy resume to earn the award. However, while Julio Rodriguez is likely to win the award in the American League, either Spencer Strider or Michael Harris II could easily be the choice in the National League. Both Strider and Harris had historic rookie seasons, and both Braves have already been named NL Rookie of the Year by various outlets.
While only can earn the award, both are clearly more than deserving. It will be a fun day for both regardless of the final outcome.
- The season review series continues on, as the contributions of Danny Young and outfielder Alex Dickerson were highlighted.
- Brad Rowland looks at the moves, and the potential for more moves, that has defined the Braves offseason so far in the latest edition of the Battery Power Podcast.
- Tuesday is the deadline for teams to set their 40 man roster before the Rule 5 draft occurs, and some teams, such as the Rays, could be looking to make trades early this week to trim their roster.
- The Giants could be among the teams interested in pitcher Kodai Senga.
- The Red Sox have made a contract offer to veteran start Nathan Eovaldi to remain in Boston.
- The Phillies have interest in Xander Bogaerts in their expected pursuit of a big name for the shortstop position.