Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, and as the calander turns to December, though temperatures may continue to drop, the MLB hot stove should start to warm up quite nicely. For the first time since 2019, the main event of the MLB offseason will take place in regular form in San Diego from December 4th through the 7th.
In fact, the meetings are less than a week away, but there could be more news and rumors on some of the top free agents leading up to next week. At the very least, some dominoes should start to fall during this time. Obviously, for the Braves, that means monitoring what could happen for Dansby Swanson. But it also means keeping track of who else goes where to see what opportunities may be present in the future that may not be available now.
It certainly is an exciting time of year, and the Battery Power will continue to keep you updated on any and all information pertaining the current and former Braves in the coming days and weeks.
- Eric Cole reviews the season for minor league outfielder Jesse Franklin V.
- The 2022 season was tough for Tyler Matzek after living the dream in 2021. Hopefully, with his future secure in the Braves organization over the next few years, he will bounce back in time.
- Veteran starter Mike Clevinger signed a one-year, $8M deal with the White Sox.
- Former Braves starter Julio Teheran, who has appeared in one MLB game since 2020, signed a minor-league deal with the San Diego Padres.
- The Dodgers continue to be connected to top shortstop options, this time free agent Xander Boagerts.