The Winter Meetings are over and Major League Baseball is buckled down for the long, cold winter. The Atlanta Braves did make a move this week, but in the aggregate, Atlanta has been quieter than some other squads, and the Battery Power Podcast takes stock of the market as of Sunday, December 11.
Episode 381 features Brad Rowland and Scott Coleman discussing the following:
- The Braves landed another potentially elite relief pitcher in Joe Jimenez
- Justyn-Henry Malloy won’t be walking through the door to the Braves major league club, and it’s important to realize not every minor league system is created equal
- Atlanta’s bullpen was already quite strong, and now it projects to be even better with Jimenez
- MLB teams spent more than a billion dollars in the blink of an eye this week, and some of the deals were legitimately eye-popping
- Maybe the Charlie Morton deal is looking better by the day?
- Elvis Andrus has been floated as a potential shortstop option by MLB.com’s Mark Bowman and Atlanta’s reported offer to Dansby Swanson isn’t exactly robust by current market standards
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Google Podcasts, or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.