A few major moves have impacted the Braves over the past few weeks. A few were through trade additions with Sean Murphy and Joe Jimenez. Others are through departures, such as sending William Contreras to Milwaukee and the Cubs signing Dansby Swanson. And yet, the Braves still have a few moves to address. Another move was made on Monday in the form of Jordan Luplow, a player who could be an offensive option against lefties and a capable fielder with regulars need a day off. While bringing in Luplow should not prevent another significant move from being made, he could bring plenty of positive value on such a cheap contract.
Shawn Coleman discusses this and more on the Daily Hammer Podcast:
- Luplow’s signing could fill multiple roles for the Braves
- While he has had success against southpaws, his production has struggled recently
- The Braves track record of helping hitters improve once they reach Atlanta could bode well for Luplow
- Jorge Mateo may make sense as a shortstop trade target
- In general, due to new rules on the shift and base running, finding a shortstop to add value defensively and on the base paths could make sense of Atlanta
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Google Podcasts, or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.