The 2022 Winter Meetings are underway in San Diego, and the Atlanta Braves are in the middle of it all. Granted, the Braves have less business to conduct than some other teams — cough, Mets, cough — but Atlanta does have holes to fill and December is here in earnest.
Episode 380 of the Battery Power Podcast features a conversation between Brad Rowland and Scott Coleman, tackling the following topics:
- Jacob DeGrom is leaving the NL East for a monster payday
- It is (way) too early for 2023 projections, but that doesn’t stop anyone
- Bryan Reynolds wants out of Pittsburgh, and the Braves have already been tied to a potential pursuit of the talented outfielder
- Why would the Braves be linked to a catcher like Sean Murphy?
- Fred McGriff made the Hall of Fame
- Breaking down Atlanta’s 2022 infield, including top-flight catcher production, Matt Olson’s batted ball profile, the hopeful return of a healthy Ozzie Albies, Austin Riley’s stardom, and the ever-evolving situation at shortstop with Dansby Swanson hitting free agency
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Google Podcasts, or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.