For now, all remains quiet in the baseball world, and that is true of the Atlanta Braves. On Sunday evening, however, the Talking Chop Podcast reconvened for a positional breakdown (and more), with TC’s Brad Rowland and Eric Cole chopping it up in audio form.
Topics for Episode 337 include the following:
- PECOTA (still) doesn’t think much of the Braves in 2022
- The lockout rolls along and we cover the latest updates, from the reported “deadline” from the owners to another very brief negotiating session
- Spring Training is not going to start until at least March 5
- Atlanta’s farm system isn’t seen in the brightest light across baseball right now
- A full breakdown of Atlanta’s current situation in the infield, from a clear tandem at catcher, a budding star at third base in Austin Riley, an established start at second base in Ozzie Albies, a player with a lot of intrigue at shortstop in Dansby Swanson, and a gaping hole at first base with Freddie Freeman’s future uncertain
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.