What a fun weekend.
The Braves swept the Marlins over the weekend, mainly thanks to the long ball on Friday and Saturday and then some timely hitting on Sunday. The pitching staff looked great (for the most part.) And as a result, the Braves have now find themselves only one game behind the Mets in the NL East Division.
The Braves now have an off-day today, two games against the Athletics, and then an off-day again on Thursday. If Atlanta can continue its excellent offensive production, it can continue to put pressure on New York despite the Mets easy September schedule. The race is on, and hopefully Atlanta will be able to win a fifth straight division title.
- Jackson Stephens returned from the injured list after a scary incident against the Cardinals.
- Michael Harris is stepping up to help with the water crisis in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Brad Rowland and Scott Coleman discuss a fun week of baseball in the latest edition of the Battery Power Podcast.
- Cesar Hernandez hit his first home run in over a year to help the Nationals beat the Mets on Sunday to win the weekend series.
- Aaron Judge hit his 53rd home run of the season on Sunday.
- In pursuit of home run number 700, Albert Pujols hit number 695 on Sunday.
- Andrew Benintendi will undergo wrist surgery. He could be out for the season.
- The Phillies put Nick Castellanos on the injured list due to an oblique injury.
- The Twins put Tyler Mahle back on the injured list due to a shoulder injury.