Adonis Garcia is likely one of the more memorable names that stood out on the Braves roster as they were rebuilding during the middle part of last decade. Though it never seemed as if Garcia would be a long-term option in Atlanta, he did a respectable job as a third baseman and infielder. Across 244 games for the Braves, he hit 29 home runs with a .714 OPS.
This season, it is the brother of Adonis Garcia who is the latest breakout player to take MLB by storm. Adolis Garcia’s timely and consistent hitting has been a big boost for the Rangers resurgence all season long, and once again played a big role in Texas clinching a spot in the 2023 World Series after an 11-3 win over the Astros in Game 7 of the ALCS. The rangers will now await the winner of the NLCS, which will be determined on Tuesday night in Game 7 between the Phillies and Diamondbacks.
- The Braves were arguably the best home run hitting team in baseball history in 2023, and Kris Willis looks at the 10 longest home runs of the season.
- Keshawn Ogans brought out the lumber in the Arizona Fall League.
- Arizona was the first team to solve the riddle that is Citizen’s Bank Park this postseason, as they brought out the lumber to back Merrill Kelly in a 5-1 victory over the Phillies to force Game 7 in the NLCS.
- With the Astros now eliminated, reports suggest that Houston manager Dusty Baker may move on and not return in 2024.
- Kyle Hendricks and the Cubs could be discussing a possible extension for next year and beyond.
- Bryan Abreu of the Astros will serve his two game suspension at the start of the 2024 regular season for hitting Adolis Garcia earlier in the ALCS.
- Former Braves and MLB catcher Stephen Vogt could be in line to be the next manager of the Cleveland Guardians.
- Yoshinobo Yamamoto could be on the Mets radar to add to their starting rotation this off-season.