And while the Braves have fortunately earned a bit of a break to relax and get refreshed before the NLDS arrives, eight MLB teams will look to continue their seasons over the next few days.
Of particular interest for the Braves will be a series that involves two familiar foes, the Miami Marlins and Philadelphia Phillies. All Alliteration aside, the winner of the series will then travel to Atlanta to face the Braves in the best of five games setup in the NLDS. The Phillies are the heavy favorites in the series, but the Marlins have had plenty of head to head success against Philadelphia in recent years. It will be fun to see who eventually emerges as Atlanta’s opponent.
- While Atlanta will not be playing a postseason game until Saturday, fans can enjoy the Braves preparation for the postseason over the next few days. Information on how to see the team in action can be found here.
- The AJC looks at some celebrities who will be watching the Braves closely this postseason.
- Ehire Adrianza officially is a free agent.
- The Braves offense was historic in 2023 and continues to show its approach to hitting works well.
- The Joe Jimenez trade has worked out for the Braves so far, a trend that hope continues in the postseason.
- MLB.com looks at the top 50 players in the postseason, a list that includes several Braves.
- MLB.com also looks at the storylines for Game 1 of each Wild Card Series.
- The Angels will not bring back manager Phil Kevin.
- Veteran starter Rich Hill could have interest in joining a team midway through next year in terms of continuing his career.
- David Stearns was officially announced as the new head decision maker for the Mets.