Monday starts the first full week of the offseason for teams around Major League Baseball, and there will likely be plenty of news and updates today:
Reminder, tomorrow is massive day in the baseball calendar:— Stephen (@b_outliers) November 5, 2023
• Club and player option decisions
• 60-day IL guys back on the 40-man
• Qualifying offers made
• Beginning of league wide free agency
There’ll be a bunch of news tomorrow
The Braves will be one of many teams with plenty of decisions to make. Team options for Charlie Morton, Colin Mchugh, Kirby Yates, and Eddie Rosario will be decided upon. Atlanta already declined the team option for Brad Hand, and likely will do the same for Rosario. Beyond the team option decisions, there could be plenty of other news to occur, so stick with Battery Power for the latest.
- No Braves were among the 2023 Gold Glove Award Winners.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. could be an affordable left field option for the Braves.
- MLB.com looks at five stories to watch for the GM Meetings this week.
- Rays GM Peter Bendix will take over as the Marlins new President of Baseball Operations.
- Brewers Manager Craig Counsell is close to deciding on his future, which could be as the new manager of the Mets. If Counsell were to decide to go elsewhere instead of New York or stay in Milwaukee, Yankees bench coach Carlos Mendoza could be the next option for the Mets.
- The door is not completely shut on Joey Votto returning to the Reds.
- Yoshinobu Yamamoto was officially allowed to pursue a future in MLB Baseball on Sunday.