It has been over a week since Shohei Ohtani decided to join the Dodgers, and as expected, some other significant moves have occurred since then to keep the stove at least a bit hot this December. But now, it seems as if the rest of the starting pitching marker is still awaiting the decision of Yoshinobu Yamamato. As that wait continues, mlb.com looked at the latest on some of the more popular potential trade targets, including potential Braves target Dylan Cease. While there are now specific or truly significant updates, it certainly appears that more moves could made, especially this week before the Holidays.
- Orlando Arcia enjoyed quite the season in Atlanta in 2023.
- Owen Murphy has clearly become one of the top arms in the Braves system after his 2023 season.
- Brad Rowland and Scott Coleman look at how the Braves are creatively using their finances in the latest edition of the Battery Power Podcast.
- Yamamoto is continuing to visit with teams, including a second visit with the Mets and Yankees.
- Cody Bellinger is arguably the biggest free agent bat left on the market, as he is reportedly looking for $200M or more and his suitors could come down to the Cubs and Blue Jays.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. resigned with the Diamondbacks.
- Former Braves Guillermo Heredia resigned to play another season in Korea.
- The Blue Jays are among the teams to have interest in Reds infielder Jonathan India.