The Braves continue to navigate the 2023-2024 offseason by being active and playing the waiting game at the same time. For one, on Monday, after acquiring Matt Carpenter in their latest trade over the weekend, the Braves released veteran Matt Carpenter. Though they likely looked for a trade opportunity, the Braves valued keeping a roster spot empty over keeping Carpenter. Atlanta will still be responsible for the remaining $4M owed to the veteran slugger.
As a result, Atlanta will look to continue adding needed pieces to their roster. With a few needs remaining, such as the starting rotation and the bench, there still could be multiple moves that the Braves make in the near future.
- Former MLB pitcher C.J. Nitkowski will be joining Brandon Gaudin as the main lead analyst for the Braves Bally Sports Broadcast in 2024. Jeff Francouer will still be an occasional analyst.
- Bryce Elder had both highs and lows during his 2023 regular season performance.
- The season for prospect David McCabe was also reviewed on Monday.
- The bidding for Yoshinobu Yamamoto is starting to pick up, with many of the major market teams in baseball interested in the Japanese right-hander.
- Veteran southpaw Martin Perez agreed to a deal with the Pirates.
- Catcher Tom Murphy joined the San Francisco Giants.
- The Orioles reached an agreement with the state of Maryland to remain in Baltimore for the foreseeable future.