Monday was clearly a good day for the Braves.
For the first time in nearly three yeas, Michael Soroka manned a MLB mound. And despite one bad inning, Soroka looked good and efficient, needing just 83 pitches to get through six innings. The Braves have to be encouraged with his progress and he likely has earned an extended look in the rotation.
Unfortunately, the Braves lost 7-2 on Monday. The two main reasons were struggles against right handed pitching and the bullpen struggling once again to keep the game close. As Atlanta enters June, these are two areas of the team that must improve for Atlanta to truly win at the rate it did in April.
- Dereck Rodriguez was officially sent down to bring Soroka to the majors.
- Matt Powers highlights a few top performers for the Braves minor leagues over the weekend.
- Liam Hendricks officially returned to the mound for the White Sox.
- Angels reliever Ben Joyce made his MLB debut and flashed his incredible plus 100 MPH potential many times.
- MLB.com released the latest top 200 MLB Draft prospects list for this years event.
- Cedric Mullins left his game on Monday with what looked to be a concerning injury that could land him on the IL.
- The Brewers designated veteran Luke Voit for assignment.