Monday was another fun day across Major League Baseball for many, many reasons.
For the Braves, it was the first get-together for the 2023 National League All-Star Team, and it was pretty easy to identify which team was most represented on the field:
However, the most important news of the day for Atlanta was Day 2 of the 2023 MLB Draft, and the Braves added plenty of talent to their system. Of course, Battery Power offered plenty of perspective on the selections:
- Each of the Braves Picks
- Recap of the Braves selections
- 3rd Round Pick Sabin Ceballos
- 4th Round Pick Garrett Baumann
- 5th Round Pick Isaiah Drake
- Braves Assistant Director of Scouting Ronit Shah on Day 2
- Day 2 Reactions Podcast
- Ronald Acuna Jr. will lead-off for the National League on Tuesday Night.
- As for the other Braves starters, Sean Murphy and Orland Arcia are batting 7th and 9th in the NL lineup.
National League All-Star Lineup:— Grant McAuley (@grantmcauley) July 10, 2023
Ronald Acuña Jr. RF
Freddie Freeman 1B
Mookie Betts CF
J.D. Martinez DH
Nolan Arenado 3B
Luis Arraez 2B
Sean Murphy C
Corbin Carroll LF
Orlando Arcia SS
Zac Gallen SP#Braves and Dodgers with three starters. Dbacks with a pair as well. pic.twitter.com/g7iDm8uhwm
- Another fun bit of news from Monday was that Ronald Acuna Jr. is the top selling jersey in baseball for the 2023 season:
The top two @MLB All-Star vote getters, Braves outfielder Ronald Acuña Jr. and Angels DH and pitcher Shohei Ohtani, also lead MLB with the most popular MLB player jerseys of the first half of the 2023 season. pic.twitter.com/yQ8JXcpX7i— MLB Communications (@MLB_PR) July 10, 2023
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. outlasted Randy Arozarena to win the 2023 Home Run Derby.
- The future of Shohei Ohtani was a major topic of discussion on All-Star Monday.
- Zac Gallen and Gerrit Cole will start for the NL and AL in the 2023 All-Star game.
- The American League All-Star Lineup was released on Monday as well:
- Sean Casey was named the Yankees hitting coach on Monday.