As we are now a few weeks removed from the holiday season, the baseball calendar is about to get busy for everyone in the sport.
For the Braves in particular, these are the dates to monitor:
- January 12th - when arbitration figures between players and teams must be exchanged by (impacts Max Fried, AJ Minter)
- January 15th - beginning of International signing period (Braves will officially add arguably best talent in this year’s class in Jose Pedermo)
- January 23rd - 2024 Hall of Fame class announced (former Braves Wagner and Sheffield have good shot, Andruws Jones unlikely this year but making good progress for future)
With Atlanta addressing its major needs for this offseason already, there is a good chance only moves on the margin will complete the offseason. As a result, a busy January that will impact past, present, and future Braves will provide plenty of news as Spring Training gets closer and closer.
- Though Atlanta may have already done its heavy lifting this offseason, there are still minor needs to address before next season.
- MLB.com looks at six teams that could make an intriguing offer for Dylan Cease (Braves not included.)
- After making some major moves for their present and future pitching needs, the Dodgers added to their offense with a one-year signing of outfielder Tesocar Hernandez.
- The Mets added to their rotation with the signing of veteran starter Sean Manaea to a two-year deal.