Following a Game 1 loss to the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday, the Atlanta Braves faced urgency in Wednesday’s Game 2 matchup. Behind the arm of Kyle Wright and some timely hitting, the Braves evened the best-of-five NLDS matchup and, after the final out, the Battery Power Podcast convened to break it all down.
Brad Rowland and Scott Coleman discuss the following on Episode 373:
- The first five innings were very quiet, which was a good thing for a Braves team that was facing Zack Wheeler
- Kyle Wright did a fantastic job across six shutout innings
- The bottom of the sixth was very kind to Atlanta’s offense, though the rally started with Ronald Acuña Jr. being hit by a pitch in scary fashion
- Philadelphia’s defense finally broke, and Austin Riley had a swinging bunt that was heavily effective
- Atlanta’s bullpen continues to be lights-out
- Touching on the latest news, including an unfortunate injury reality for Tyler Matzek
- Looking ahead to Game 3 on Friday in Philadelphia after a day off for travel, including starting pitching mystery
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Google Podcasts, or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.