October is here and the Atlanta Braves began the month with the most important series of the regular season. The Braves welcomed the New York Mets to Truist Park for a trio of games and things went very well for the home team.
With that as the backdrop, Episode 370 of the Battery Power Podcast is co-hosted by Brad Rowland and Eric Cole, who discuss the following:
- The start of the week was solid, yet imperfect, in Washington with a 2-1 series win that featured a complete game shutout (!) from Bryce Elder and an offensive outage in the finale
- After a scuffling a bit in recent weeks, the trio of Dansby Swanson, Matt Olson, and Austin Riley got it going against the Mets
- Max Fried out-dueled Jacob DeGrom on Friday, even if he had to leave the game early
- Saturday’s game was close-fought, but Atlanta’s bullpen was outstanding
- Charlie Morton had a rough one on Sunday, just hours after signing a deal that will lock him in for the 2023 season
- And yet, the Braves won anyway on Sunday, completing a monster sweep and inching closer to the division title
- Peeking ahead to the final series of the regular season in Miami and how the situation might unfold
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Google Podcasts, or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.