The hot stove isn’t really firing just yet in the world of Major League Baseball, but it’s getting close. The Atlanta Braves were involved in a few moves this week, and there is plenty to discuss on Episode 378 of the Battery Power Podcast.
Topics include the following:
- A fond farewell to Jake Odorizzi and whether it was “worth it” to move on at this price
- What should be made of Kolby Allard’s return?
- Atlanta is up against the Competitive Balance Tax (CBT) and there are interesting potential implications to the team’s payroll spending
- Nick Anderson gives the Braves a low-cost flyer with tangible upside out of the bullpen
- Welcoming back an old friend in Jesse Chavez
- What are the contract projections saying about Dansby Swanson?
- The Braves have three competent catchers on the roster... but will it stay that way?
- For some reason, there is (weird) discussion about trading Ronald Acuña Jr.
- Is Vaughn Grissom a real candidate for the 2023 starting shortstop position?
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Google Podcasts, or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.