Baseball is back, folks. On Thursday, March 10, the owners and players came together on a new collective bargaining agreement (CBA) that projects to hold labor peace for at least five years. In short, the 2022 season can now begin almost as scheduled, and fans of the sport rejoice around the world. To react to that splendid piece of news for the Atlanta Braves, the Battery Power Podcast is back for Episode 339.
Brad Rowland and Eric Cole discuss the following topics:
- Again, we say, baseball is back.
- Sifting through the details of the new CBA that ended the lockout just one day shy of 100
- Opening Day is set for early April again, and the schedule will include 162 games
- They finally figured out the money
- A 12-team playoff is better than a 14-team playoff, at least
- Hello, universal DH
- The Freddie Freeman saga takes center stage once again
- What’s next for the Braves now that free agency is open and trades are allowed?
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Google Podcasts, or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.