Deep into Tuesday evening, buzz began to build that the Atlanta Braves were nearing a long-term contract extension with standout outfielder Michael Harris less than three months after his arrival to the majors. Before the clock struck midnight, the club weighed in with an official announcement laying out an eight-year, $72 million agreement that could grow into a ten-year pact thanks to the presence of club options. Moments after the news became official, Battery Power’s Shawn Coleman and Scott Coleman sprung into action with a special edition of the Daily Hammer, discussing the Harris news and more in podcast form.
Topics include the following:
- Recapping Charlie Morton’s dominance in the Braves 5-0 over the Mets
- The Braves offense producing early and often once again
- Instant reaction to the Michael Harris Extension
- How it compares and contrasts to the extensions of other young Braves
- Ronald Acuna Jr. and Harris could be one of the best outfield duos in baseball for many years to come
- Alex Anthopoulos being excellent in multiple ways when it comes to building a long-term contender
- The Braves exciting offensive core will be in Atlanta for a long, long time
- Plus much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Google Podcasts, or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.