The Atlanta Braves lost to the Philadelphia Phillies by a 3-1 margin in the 2023 National League Division Series. It was a frustrating, maddening, and sometimes enraging result for the team with the best record in baseball and, in the immediate aftermath of Game 4, Battery Power’s Shawn Coleman and Stephen Tolbert reacted in podcast form.
Now, Episode 425 of the Battery Power Podcast is here and Brad Rowland goes solo to discuss the following:
- The NLDS has been a house of horrors for the Braves for a long time
- The best regular season teams in Braves history simply have not gotten the jump done in October
- Another brief look at Game 4 and missed opportunities
- Atlanta’s offense suffered an ill-timed and catastrophic failure over the course of four games
- That damage was not limited to one or two players, as the vast majority of the lineup underperformed in a big way
- The pitching should’ve been good enough, even if it wasn’t perfect
- No matter how frustrating it may be, it is useful to be reminded of the math and randomness of baseball in short samples
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Spotify, Stitcher, PlayerFM, Google Podcasts, or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.